→ ѕιхтeeɴ

➔ WORD OF THE CHAPTER: deflecting

୨୧ ────────────────── ୨୧

We came crashing onto grass. I was laughing so hard with charlie.

"Oh my god! Oh my god.. that was crazy," lizzie squeals, panting.

"We just.. we just flew," big mac breathes heavily.

We all stood up, walking to Mr. kincaid and irons.

"Nice job, angry guy! but we've gotta get to school," maya says. "You should leave the kids with me, they'll slow you down," irons told mr. kincaid.

"NO!" we all disagreed.

"Berger's my best friend," charlie shouts. "He's my little brother," big mac chimes in.

"We're going with you, Mr. kincaid," i say.

Helicopter starts flying above us. Irons look up, "i'm not the only ones looking for you."

"You guys go. I'll slow them down," irons say. "The world needs the guard.. jack. And you're the.. least bad option," irons speaks to mr. kincaid.

He nods. "Thanks," he chuckles lightly. "You're not gonna.." he pauses. "I know you're not. I don't have to say this, but you're not gonna tell them who the guard is or anything," he whispers.

"We'll see..." irons joked.

"Alright, you guys get the heck out of here. Stop that maniac," irons tells us.

———

We are now in the van camper. I was sitting beside maya and i was against the window.

"Sorry, about your man cave, dad," charlie says.

"Yeah.. Adios. Ten years down the drain," his dad says.

"...well it's... not my fault a militia showed up to....steal your magic ball," charlie raises his voice.

"Well, whose is it," his dad retorts. "Well, if you just would've told me the truth about who you are. I would have never figured it out. So actually it's your fault," charlie says.

The four of us in the back were silently watching them bicker.

"really? well we have plenty of time to discuss who's fault it is," charlie's dad says, speeding up the car.