→ eleveɴ

➔ WORD OF THE CHAPTER: man

୨୧ ────────────────── ୨୧

We were crawling around to get our gadgets. I grabbed my jacket. Maya got these laser guns. We could hear people talking so we tried our best to stay quiet.

Charlie went to search with his hands on the table for his bracelet. Once he got it he tried to turn it on.

"Low power."

Oh. That was loud.

"This one's dead," charlie whispers. "They're all dead," maya whispers.

———

Maya, Charlie, and I were back in the energy source place.

Charlie connects the energy source with the gadgets.

"Charging."

We all smile.

"This is it. This is the guard's energy source," charlie says. "You gave a whole presentation about this... yesterday," i smile.

"Ms. Squint owes me an apology," charlie says through his teeth.

I smile. "Do you think i can win a nobel prize from this," he asks. "Uh... i don't think so," i tell him, shaking my head.

"Hey."

We turn our heads to see Berger.

"Who's the hero-cat now, buttmunchers," berger says, carrying an unconscious guy in a chair with his magnet wand.

He laughs and places the guy down.

"Sorry about what i said back there," charlie's tells berger. Your ailments aren't what makes you weak. They're actually what makes you strong. And i'm sorry I punched you," charlie sighs.

"That was a really good apology. I wasn't ready to forgive you. I planned on throwing way more shade but i'm sorry too," berger says.

They give each other a hug. Then the man wakes up, startling us.

His mouth was covered and he was restrained.

"H-hey, i think i saw this guy on TV yesterday," charlie says as we stand in front of the guy.

The man denies, shaking his head, "m m."