→ тeɴ

➔ WORD OF THE CHAPTER: shhh

୨୧ ────────────────── ୨୧

"We came to retrieve an object," maya repeats the man's word.

"I think he means that thing," berger refers to the glowing ball in Charlie's hand. "Yes, obviously he means that thing," maya says.

"Okay, where did you go," she asks charlie. "I- i don't know.. it showed me things like a vision. Whatever it is, it's powerful," charlie says. "Well, whatever it is. Let's give it to them and get the hell out of here," berger tells him. "What no! It's not ours to give. It belongs to my dad," charlie refuses. "Who cares? If we don't give them that thing they're gonna kill us," berger says. "Well, they still might kill us even if we do. I don't trust militias," maya says.

"wait, kill," I look at them shock. "They won't kill us," charlie tries to reassure me. "Oh no, they definitely will," berger tells me.

"Not unless we give them that," berger points at the ball. "Don't listen to him, y/n, he's not in the right mindset," charlie says. "Y/n, nous ne leur faisons pas confiance," maya tells me. "Ohh, bad people," i say, squinting my eyes.

"There's nothing we can do," berger says. "Wrong. There is something we can do," charlie says. "Defend ourselves!"

I smile, "Yeah, that's what we should do!"

"Thats what i'm talking about," maya whispers as well.

We all place our hand on the ball.

——

Third POV:

"Okay, I lied to you guys. Listen, it's my date." lizzie raises her hand.

They were at the front door. The person on the end kept mixing and calling for Lizzie.

"Please, let me just get rid of him. He's not part of this. No one has to get hurt," lizzie pleads. Jersey steps up closer to her with the gun. "Wait- wait. His parents are both lawyers. I mean.. one is just a personal injury lawyer. But still. They'll come looking for him. And they'll call the police. You don't want deal with an ambulance chaser trust me," lizzie continues.

"LIZZIE."

"Cover the door," argon tells jersey. "wait wait wait.."

"You have sixty seconds to get rid of him."

"ITS SCARY OUT HERE."