𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘆 𝗽𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗸𝗵𝗮𝗷𝗶-𝗱𝗮

chapter twelvethe mighty power of khaji-da

chapter twelve
the mighty power of khaji-da

          EVEN WITH ALBERTO REYES' WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT, the doubts refused to leave Indira's well-being. The circumstances were now elevated and the level of danger Jaime was in, had risen significantly higher. She's not sure what's she more scared ofgoing against her mother or losing Jaime: for good. Regardless of the outcome, someone is going to get hurt. She fears what will happen when everything comes crashing down.

When Alberto said, "We are going to figure it out. We always do," a glimmer of hope flashed in Indira's eyes. Because right then and there, she believed him. She listened to his words attentively, holding onto them like her life depended on it. He's always been positive, willing to guide his family throughout their troubles. He made it a mission to keep everyone together, transmitting his love and wisdom to the people around him. Indira frequently found him to be a beacon of light, a wonderful man to be around. But when Jaime raised a very critical question such as: "How are we gonna get this thing outta me?" That's when the sensation of hope Indira felt vanished without a trace, now replaced by fear. She was reminded of the danger imposed on him by two powerful women. Together, they are invincible. And that is what disturbs her the most. That's the reality of it all and reality wasn't always kind, particularly to her.

Above all, there was a way for all of this to be over. According to Jenny, there's a place out there where they can receive answers (about the scarab). The issue is that the key is located at the Kord Tower, which is under high alert for the arrival of yours truly, Jenny Kord, ever since she made it a goal to steal Victoria's prized possession. Undeniably, Victoria is upset over the matter, disgusted that her brat of a niece will stand in her way of completing the One Man Army Corps, commonly known as the O.M.A.C. This is her dream, her life's work, and she refuses to allow Jenny to destroy this for her.

When there's a will, there's a way. And Victoria is a firm believer in that.

The Reyes' illustrated optimism for the plan in motion, especially Rudy, who communicated his desire to help out. All he asks for is a few hours to get everything together.

It was refreshing to see their confidence. To see them all together as a family unit, forbidding to allow the what-ifs to cloud their judgment. As Alberto mentioned not too long ago, they've dealt with harder things. If only Indira and Jenny could relate to their family dynamic, then maybe they would've been more positive too.

Indira wasted no time in excusing herself from the table, stepping outside to have a minute for herself. She started to feel suffocatedin dire need of some fresh air and a clear mind. When it's all said and done, she's overwhelmed. Too much was happening all at once. Possibly, being alone will allow her to calm down. Things always made more sense when she was isolated in solitude.