𝐱. 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞

chapter tenan everlasting heartache

chapter ten
an everlasting heartache

        JAIME SNAPPED OUT OF HIS FANTASY, instantly being pulled back into reality. Time was passing him by, and every second he spent at home, the longer he's prevented from finding Jenny Kord. He's still having a difficult time comprehending why Indira is here, though. A mixture of emotions was traveling throughout his body, yet his true feelings failed to emerge.

Witnessing the interaction between Rocio, Indira, and Milagro made Jaime start to reminisce about his previous memories of the trio. They always shared a loving bond, one that Jaime truly adored. Back then, it gave him joy, knowing that the most important ladies in his life got along well. At the present time, it brought him nothing but dismay, recognizing how he ruined everything.

Now, let's focus on the important things. Like, getting answers to his many questions. Surely, he wanted the truth.

     Jaime walks up to the ladies and announces, "Hey, guys, I really need to find a pair of shoes because I have to get going." He used this as another opportunity to sneak a glance at Indira. As he anticipated, she met his stare.

That's when Rocio turns to her son and declares, "Jaime, you still didn't tell us what happened. Where did you go?" As soon as he gained consciousness, the first thing he did was head inside of his bedroom, failing to reveal his whereabouts to his family, at all.

     Unfortunately, he was unable to answer this question, "Ama, I don't know." Jaime was confused himself, hence why he needed to leave the house before it was too late. "II think I cut a bus in half and then..."

     "Cut what?" let out Rocio, wondering if she heard him properly.

    "...And flew into orbit," muttered Jaime. He's having a hard time balancing his task of locating a pair of shoes while explaining his daily events. All of it sounds fictionala story he made up. Yet, his words were the truth.

      Alberto interjects into the conversation, "Flew into orbit?" If that's the case, how did he survive?

     Jaime faces his father, "Apa, I don't know. That's why I need to find Jenny. Okay?"

     At the mention of her friend's name, Indira draws in a sharp breath. Oh, this wasn't good. Her gentle voice raises a question: "Wait, as in Jenny Kord?" It's not a coincidence that he was seen at Kord Tower either. Something wasn't adding up. This begs the question, when did Jaime and Jenny become acquainted? According to her knowledge, they didn't have any encounters. And if they did, Indira would only hope Jenny would've informed her. Here she is, clueless and confused.