Chapter 22

"Lo siento. (Im sorry)" Anton said as he reached out for her hand, she pushes it away, "Vete a casa, vende todo (go home, sell everything)" she addressed both Fernando and Anton, as the three of them stood in the street, the Shelbys and Isaiah watched from the house. "descarta lo que no puedas (discard what you can't)". She turned away for a moment grabbing the two envelopes, "aquí tu pago (here your payment)", placing either envelopes in their hands.

"Marianna lo siento, deberíamos haber estado con él (im sorry, we should have been with him)", both men had felt entirely guilty that they weren't with Alejandro that night, maybe it would've ended differently. "para, ya es demasiado tarde, vete (stop, it is too late, leave)", she said turning and walking away from the two men leaving them there. She knew she couldn't return back to Cuba, that every inch of her would break down standing in the home that her father enhabited. 

The garrison was filled with the usual men drinking away their sorrows, hoping for a different tomorrow. Marianna made her way through the tavern towards the private room where the Shelby brothers and Isaiah sat drinking and laughing. "Thomas, I need to speak to you" she spoke up, announcing her presence in the room, as each one of the men looked her. "Leave, everyone" he says, as everyone starts to pour out leaving just the two behind.

"My men have left, they are on a boat back to Cuba" she sat down as Tommy poured her drink, "they won't be disturbing your business anymore", she continues sipping from the glass. "And you, you aren't on the boat", Tommy wondered what the girl will do now, "no, there's nothing there for me anymore", she responds finishing her drink, and standing up. "But don't worry, I will leave, stay out of your business" she continues forward towards the door of the snug, before Tommy stops her "or what if you don't, what if you come work for me" she turns to face him, partially shocked, "a peaky blinder" he reaches out his hand.

Marianna thought about it for a moment, she could just leave, there was no one here for her anymore, but she could also stay, drown away her thoughts working for Tommy. She leant forward, grabbing his hand and shaking it. "Welcome Marianna"