PROLOGUE

“Another flowers and gifts are sent for you, young master.“

Bungad ng isang lalaki pagpasok ng opesina. He has long hair with a strong aura. Bitbit n'ya ang sandamakmak na regalo na ipinadala sa mansion. Nakasimangot s'ya habang isa-isang inilalagay ang mga iyon sa basurahan. He has been irritated for a while now as he repeatedly goes outside to fetch these seemingly worthless gifts, well aware that they are just a cover for the true intentions of the senders.

“Those fuckers! They don't even stop sending this bullshit!“ Singhal n'ya nang makaupo sa couch na katabi lamang ng trash bin.

He retrieves a lighter and an expensive cigarette box from his black slacks. Kumuha s'ya ng isang stick at sinindihan iyon. He unabashedly blows the smoke as he runs his fingers through his hair.

“Let them be,” mula iyon sa isang malalim at paos na boses na nanggagaling sa harapan n'ya. Mula sa madilim na parte ng silid ay makikita ang isang bultong prenteng nakaupo sa red single sofa. Hawak nito ang kopitang naglalaman ng red wine. It was slightly sparkling due to the faint light coming from the open door. “They just wanted to greet and congratulate their new tsar.“

“Why do you still accept their garbage?! It's clear that those animals are just playing with you! They think you're weak and gullible just because you're young!"

Naitapon n'ya ang nangangalahati nang sigarilyo sa sahig dahil sa inis. Hindi pa s'ya nakuntento at madiin pa n'ya itong niyapakan.

Napuno ng nakakapangilabot na tawa ang buong silid. The 'tsar' drinks the red wine forcefully. Ang tunog ng kan'yang paglunok ay rinig na rinig sa buong silid.

“Me? A weakling?“ Agad namang sumeryoso ang mukha nito. Ang kanang kamay nito na may hawak na kopita ay nanginginig dahil sa sobrang diin ng pagkakahawak do'n hanggang sa ito ay mabasag.

Nanlaki ang mga mata n'ya nang makita ang dugong tumutulo mula sa kamay ng young master ngunit nang makabawi ay napailing na lamang s'ya. He can see that the new 'tsar' is something else.

"Well, it seems like you're truly determined to embrace being a tsar."

“I've never hesitated, not once. Even when I had to kill my beloved wife just to secure this position,” isang demonyong ngiti ang pinakawalan ng young master nang maalala kung paano n'ya kinitil ang buhay ng 'pinakamamahal' nitong asawa.

"I will rule the empire and ensure that nothing will stand in the way of everything I want to do... even those old men," punong-puno ng pagkasuklam sa pananalita nito nang banggitin nito ang huling dalawang salita. “They're just useless dogs without their master and I will eliminate them all since I'm not the one they serve.“

The young master stands up and goes to the working table, just five steps away from where he was sitting. Kinuha nito ang brown envelope na nasa ibabaw ng lamesa at inihagis sa kan'ya.

“I will start the game by tying them together.“

Binuksan naman n'ya ito at kinuha ang dalawang bond paper na may nakaipit na litrato ng isang lalaki at batang babae. Lihim s'yang nagulat nang mabasa ang pangalan ng dalawang bata.

'Reaper Venichcov'

'Yzariya Cervantes'

Napakunot s'ya ng noo. Sa pagkakalaam n'ya ay hindi nalalayo sa edad ng young master ang lalaking nasa picture. He's a useless brat in the Venichcov family, so why would a 'tsar' be interested in him?

“It's because of his name.“

The young master answers as if he can read his mind. His frown deepens. “You choose this bastard just because he has a unique name? I really can't understand the way your mind works, young master."

“I'm the one who gave that name to him. That boy, he's capable of killing people. That's why I named him Reaper.“

“How about this little innocent girl?“ Itinuro n'ya ang litrato. “Don't tell me she's also capable of killing that's why you choose her?“

He hears a slight laugh from the young master, so he looks at him. But it's too late as he becomes serious again.

“Of course not. She can't even hold a needle,” he walks back to the sofa and sits again, this time with crossed legs. “She's the favorite grand daughter of Donovan Kartazin and I will use her to eliminate him from the position of being the Duke.“

“Oh.“ Ngumisi s'ya nang napagtanto ang isang bagay. “So, you will ruin this girl by using that bastard son of the Venichcov family. I'm so excited to see that old man kneel before you."

"I also chose that boy because he possesses qualities I liked and it can contribute to the empire..."

Nagbigay ito ng nakakapangilabot na ngiti.

"…he spares no one."