GURU NANAK BIRTHDAY SPECIAL

Guru Nanak Ji (1469 -1539) was considered the founder of a new religion, i.e., Sikhism, and was the first Guru of Sikhs. He was a great Indian spiritual leader who believed in harmony and meditation in the name of the divine soul. His teachings and his way of devotion to the almighty were different from others, and people of all religions respected him and his teachings.  He was the one who spread the message of humanity and mankind at a time when everyone was focusing on spreading their religion. He talked about women and their rights and equality. He was a great scholar but still used local languages to spread his message among the people while he journeyed in all four directions.  His teachings did not die with him but passed to further generations through his successor, and his teachings are now included in Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which is a holy book of Sikhs that contains all the teachings of Sikh Gurus and other spiritual leaders as well. Guru Nanak Ji 553rd Birth AnniversaryThe birthday of Guru Nanak Dev Ji (Gurupurab) is celebrated on the Puranmashi of Khattak month of the desi calendar. According to this, Gurpurab 2022 falls on Tuesday, 8 November, 2022. This day marks the 553rd birth anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak. Guru Nanak Ji Early Life (Birth Place)Guru Nanak Ji was born in 1469 in "Rai Bhoe Ki Talwandi" on 15th April. This place was part of India by then, but now it is known as Nankana Sahib, which is located in the territories of today's Pakistan. Guru Nanak Dev Ji's birthplace is near Lahore. Every year the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev Ji is celebrated on full moon day in the month of Katak, i.e., October - November. It falls on different dates yearly and is celebrated by all Sikhs worldwide.