Chapter 1

"So this is camping?" Molly said before letting out a laugh. "It's awesome!"

It was revealed that Molly, along with her best friend Frizzle were out on a camping trip with the Harpercops in the forest. They were pretty glad to be getting a break from saving all those chickens from those farms. 

"Gotta love that fresh smell of pine tree" Ann said before going with Brock to play fetch with Lucky. 

Frizzle took in a deep breath. "Ah, just smell that free mountian air, Molls"

Molly joined her friend, taking in a deep breath before letting out a sigh. Yep, this was the life.

Molly looked out into the untamed wildress, seeing nothing but forest for miles. The adventurous hen then got an idea when she asked Frizzle. 

"Hey, Frizzle, you up for a little forest race?"

"Oh, you're on!" Frizzle smirked to her friend. 

Kali was helping her parents set up camp when she overheard Molly and Frizzle. 

"Hey now, don't go out too far you two" The adventure girl reminded them. After all she had promised Ginger and Rocky she'd watch out for them. 

"We promise" Molly assured her, before getting into position. "Ready... Steady... GO!" 

Molly and Frizzle both suddenly took off, disappearing from the camp site in seconds. The two young hens laughed while having fun exploring through the forest. They kept racing until Molly stopped for some reason before Frizzle crashed straight into her, knocking them both to the ground. 

"Oi! What was that all about?" Frizzle said to her friend, puzzled. 

"Do you hear that?" Molly asked, appearing fixed on something. 

"Hear what?" Frizzle asked. 

"Shh! Listen..." Molly whispered, raising her wing to her ear. 

Frizzle became quiet as she and Molly both listened until they soon heard it. 

"Dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum~"

It sounded like someone was singing. More than one in fact. Also in very high pitched voices. 

"Sounds like a bunch of chipmunks" Frizzle replied. 

"Where is the moment we needed the most? You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost~"

The two hens followed the source of the singing before coming to a very large tree and looked up. 

"Come on, Friz!" Molly told her friend, starting to climb the tree. 

"Right behind ya, kidda!" Frizzle said, being quick to follow. 

As the girls climbed up high into the tree the singing grew louder.

"They tell me your blue skies fade to grey. They tell me your passion's gone away. And I don't need no carrying on~"

Molly finally reached the top when her eyes widended to what she had discovered... It was three talking, scracth that, singing chipmunks!

"Because you had a bad day. You taking one down. You sing a sad song just to turn it around. You say you don't know, you tell me don't lie. You work at a smile and you go for a ride~"

Molly watched the chipmunks who all appeared to be related mope as they struggled storing their nuts in their tree if they were going to survive the harsh cold winter months. 

"You had a bad day. You've seen what you like, and how does it feel for one more time? You had a bad day. Oh, you had a bad day~"

Frizzle panted, finally reaching the top when she said. "Oh, would you look at that... It is a bunch of chipmunks"

The chipmunks then turned, noticing the two hens and jumped back slightly having been startled by them. 

The middle sized one glared, coming up to them. "Who are you? How did you find our tree? Are you accomplices with those raccoons?" 

The taller one pulled his brother aside. "Alvin, please, they don't even have masks. And unless I'm mistaken, they're chickens"

"Yep. My name's Molly, and this is my friend Frizzle" Molly introduced while Frizzle waved to the rodents. 

The chubby and smallest sized chipmunk waved to them, showing to be super friendly. "Hi, I'm Theodore"

"I'm Simon" The taller chipmunk introduced himself. "And that's Alvin" He pointed to his brother who was trying to get the last few nuts inside the tree. 

Molly smiled to the chipmunk brothers. "Nice to meet you"

Frizzle then spoke up, asking the chipmunks. "Might I ask, where'd you three learn to sing like that?"

Simon shrugged his shoulders in reply. "Singing's been our whole lives. I guess you could say we have a natural born talent"

"I thought birds could only fly. Since when do you climb trees?" Theodore then asked the hens. 

"It's not as easy as it looks" Frizzle chuckled in reply, as she wasn't as good a climber as Molly and was still getting the hang of it. 

Molly however smiled proudly with her wings on her hips, stating. "I've been climbing trees since I first learned to walk. I'm a natural"

"So, what are a couple chickens doing way out here anyway?" Simon asked, never seeing chickens in the forest before. 

"We came here to camp with our human friends" Molly replied. 

"Nice folks they are" Frizzle commented about the Harpercops. 

Alvin then grunted, struggling to get the nuts into the tree. 

"It's going... It's going!..." He pushed with all his might when...

Alvin suddenly fell through the hole as the nuts all poured out the other end, falling out of the tree.

Simon sighed. "And it's gone"

"Whatever!" Alvin yelled. 

Frizzle frowned over the loss. "Mmm. Bummer"

"Sorry you guys lost all your food" Molly looked to the chipmunks. 

"Maybe we should take a break" Theodore suggested before a nut landed on his head. "Ouch!"

"That's it! I can't take this anymore! I can't! I give up!" Alvin came back out of the hole. "I'm sick of struggling for survival, competing with gophers and earthworms, and that loser sparrow who always takes my nuts!"

Molly and Frizzle glanced at each other, thinking these brothers had it rough. 

Alvin then started jumping up and down in annoyance. "And I'm especially sick of this stupid, stupid tree!" 

Suddenly, the animals heard a loud whirring sound as the tree started to shake. 

Simon grabbed onto the tree, looking panicked. "What's happening?!"

"Guys!" Theodore said. "I think he made it angry"

The whirring grew louder as the tree began to tilt. 

"Uh, oh" Molly gulped, telling the gang. "Hold on everyone!"

"TIMBER!!!" Frizzle cried while they all screamed as the tree came crashing down hard to the ground. Thankfully no one was harmed. 

Soon a net had been placed over the tree before some men loaded it onto a truck to be taken away somewhere. The two hens and three chipmunks poked their heads out from the tree, being a bit scared. Where were they going?...