TO PREFACE

Hi, hello, this was previously posted on this site over 3 years ago, taken down, and now I'm resurrecting it back to life. If you had read this before, there have been major changes, with a similar premise. This fic is slow-burn! It world-builds, character-builds, and introduces you to my OC. If you're looking for immediate gratification, you won't find it here. 

Do we need another character-insert? Likely not. But here's one anyway. Peruse through it with the knowledge that the author is not to be taken seriously and this is a product of her obsessive tendency to wholeheartedly plunge herself into anything that takes her fancy. ACOTAR, to name but a few.

Don't be a stranger - please let me know what you think!

A few points of note before you start reading.

• Magic is a little different here — not vastly. Just tidied up a bit on the ambiguities SJM's left e.g., which court has which powers, and who in that court can inherit those powers.

• Posted on AO3 with all the tags but this is a SLOW BURN! For instant gratification, kindly divert your attention elsewhere. If you're reading this then I assume you're a fan of the absolutely sublime tropes of enemies-to-lovers, angst, and slow-burn - because ACOTAR is the slowest of slow-burns. Well, this fanfic stays true to it. It's slow burn with a boatload of pining, angst, and character/world building. Also mentions rather heavy topics, incl. non-con, abuse, child abuse. Ultimately, the dark and shadowy recesses that would be found within the Vanserra household and Under The Mountain. Read at your discretion.

• I've never read Throne of Glass or Crescent City. I know, I know, put down the tomatoes and pitchforks! Any similarities with those series are purely coincidental; I've read a bit about its characters and its lore on wiki. Which one should I start first? TOG or CC?

• Just like SJM, may or may not take influence from ASOIAF (loosely a Daenerys Targaryen insert).

• This is not a forum to argue your favourite ships, whether X is better than Y for whatever reason. I would love to hear your feedback in the form of constructive criticism, should you feel so inclined, but please don't descend into ship wars. Leave that out in the ocean!

Final note: everything has a reason! I've planned out the backstory, the plot, and linked it all together. :)

TLDR: you won't find instant gratification here. THIS IS A LONGFIC. It is a slow burn of slow burns, one that fleshes out the Vanserra family and feeds you heart-wrenching angst and call-backs and loads of history deserving of centuries-old faeries. If you make it this far, I love you already. Thanks for giving my silly fic a try <3

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

— Auroria x Azriel 4 lyfe