||~𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢~||

Blue eyes stare at the bronze plaque on the heavy wooden door as uncertainty swirled in their owner's chest

Blue eyes stare at the bronze plaque on the heavy wooden door as uncertainty swirled in their owner's chest. Chuuya didn't really know what he was doing here. This was the front door to the enemy organization's headquarters. The only reason he should be here in the first place was to attack them and yet he didn't have the will to do so. This may be where the Ada resided but on the other side of this door was her.

Perhaps it was the guilt that weighed heavy on his weary soul that made him hesitate but he couldn't bring himself to enter. He remembered the last time he saw her and his hand tightens into a fist. He did so many things he regretted on that night. So many things he wished he could go back in time and change.

It left him feeling bitter knowing he couldn't do anything to change the past. It was a hard reality that the two of them were immensely messed up in their own way and it had left the two's past filled with hurt and regret that tainted the good memories. He briefly wonders if he had done things different, if he had pushed...

No.

Chuuya shakes his head and tries to erase that thought from his mind. It did no one any good thinking about what ifs. It didn't matter anyway. Things were the way they were now because of the combined decisions made by the both of them. All they had left to do is look ahead and keep going even if that meant they went their separate ways.

'But I don't want to walk away again'

Taking a deep breath Chuuya steels himself and grabs the doorknob only to pause as he hears footsteps coming up the stairwell. His head turns and he's faced with wide dual toned eyes.

Atsushi hadn't expected to see the mafioso standing outside the agency's door. If it had been any other time he would have suspected an attack but he knew better. This man was here for one thing and one thing only...Hotaru.

A hand tightens around his and he glances down at Hatsu who stares up at him curiously. Atsushi smiles at him trying to reassure the child that everything was alright.

"Hey Hatsu, why don't you go inside and take these with you to Mr. Kunikida" Atsushi says and hands him the paper bag that had been in his unoccupied arm. Hatsu grabs the large bag and nods as Atsushi ruffles his hair before turning to the agency's door.