THIRTY ONE

Asialyn B. Duncan
Las Vegas, Nevada

 I stared blankly at the plate of food in front of me

An hour ago, after Mondo showed me the closet, he told me Keenan was here, along with Sky and the rest of the boys. I cant even explain how relived I felt and how greatful I was for Raimondo. He had saved him just as he said he would, Sky too. We hadn't even noticed she'd gone missing last night.

Keenan was in Mondos guest room down the hall recovering from Chriss injuries. I was hesitant on seeing him for the first time in a long time all beat up. Mondo probably could see right through me and as always he made me feel better.

"You dont have to rush anything bambino, hes okay. How about we eat first yeah? Then we can go see him together if you want—Everyones here in the kitchen, you hungry?" I nodded my head yes even though I wasnt, all I could really think about was what Keenans reaction would be once he seen me. He probably hates me for putting him through this.

I couldn't even forgive myself...

How could he ever look at me as anything other than bad luck.

I entered the dining room quietly and sat down at the head of the table next to Mondo. Quin, Beam, Twan and Sky sat to the left on his side, closest to furthest. Roman sat on my side by himself, paying no mind to anyone in front of him as he tapped away on his phone.

I looked down at the plate in front of me, no interest whatsoever. I didnt want to be rude, honestly it was the best looking spaghetti Ive ever seen in my life. I could tell this was a real Italian meal it smelled and looked amazing, and I could tell the noodles and sauce were made from scratch...shit was definitely not Olive Garden. But I didn't have the appetite for anything.

I couldnt help but feel awkward at the absolute silence at the table. I at least expected Quin to start talking about what happened or where they'd found Chris.

Instead, Q kept his head down, staring at his plate, he hadnt even made eye contact with me. He didnt even look my way when I walked in—now that I think of it none of them did.

I noticed Beam had his fork in his hand, but he had just been endlessly twisting the noodles around, he didnt even look like he was about to take a bite, more like he was just playing in his food—Plus, him out of all people hadnt said a word.

That wasnt like him at all. Beam always has some bullshit to spit even when no one wanted to hear his dumbass.

I don't think im tripping...

Everyones acting weird.

I thought we'd all have little smiles on our faces since Chris was no longer a problem or at least be a little more happier now that the monster was somewhat taken care of.