TWENTY EIGHT

Asialyn B. Duncan
Las Vegas, Nevada

 DuncanLas Vegas, Nevada

This is all my fault.

That's the only thing I've been thinking since I got the death threat and picture. I shouldn't have left him. Comes right after.

I know Mondo is waiting for me to explain my past or even just a understanding of the situation and why I hadn't seen Keenan in so long in the first place. After we got done eating the ramen bowls he made he took our dishes back into the kitchen—I wanted to tell it then but I just couldn't bring myself to it.

I'd abandoned him. I left my baby brother to live in a house with bad examples of human beings.

Raimondo would never even look at me the same.

Keenan deserved better, I should've just went to the police like he'd said back then, he would've never been in this situation and we could've both had a chance to find a good home.

Quin, Twan, and Beam are apparently metting up with Mondo and his men as he calls them tomorrow to figure out where they have Keenan at.

I wanted to help, but I don't even know where I could be of any value in this. I just wanted my brother— I was scared for him.

I have no idea what Chris is capable of—So far I've underestimated him, this time I'll be damned to put anything past him.

Right now I'm laying down on Mondos chest while he sleeps adorably. I had originally fallen asleep with him Once we got settled in the bed and he turned all the lights off but somehow along way, Id woken up—and my body couldn't find peace.

I didn't even wanna show my face at work tomorrow, but I knew I had to get back to it and let Mondo handle the situation like he promised he would.

I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to go in and interact with people with everything that's happening—how am I supposed to pretend like my life isn't falling apart. My ex-boyfriend was planning to murder me because I broke up with him then kidnapped my brother as revenge.

I was worried to even be out in public without Mondo beside me, since I have a stalker now—Mondo made me feel better knowing two of his men would be with me at all times— standing close but out the way. 

I didn't mind him doing that for my protection—the  only thing I wasn't ready for was all the fucking questions and looks from my weird ass coworkers I  knew I'd be getting.

Honestly I just didn't feel like explaining myself, and I knew my boss was going to have something to say.

I let the few tears that had built up slip from my face silently, if I hadn't looked through Chris's phone that day none of this would be happening.