Chapter 5

{Tay}

I laid across the floor of my dorm, books and papers spread out in front of me. I was completely bored out of my mind but my homework wasn't going to do itself.  I checked my phone and saw a text from Jenna. She had invited me over and it took everything in me to not just blow off my homework and hang out with her. I texted her that I was busy and returned back to finishing my work. 

"I wish I could just be done with school already." I groaned to Lynn. She was also doing homework, but I think she was also just procrastinating and messing around the computer while looking like she was working. 

"I don't know what to tell you other than you shouldn't have put everything off." Lynn shrugged. She was right, I've been distracted lately by Jenna. We'd gone on a few dates since that day we cleared everything up in the bookstore. I guess I had been so focused on Jenna and I that my school work was forgotten. Now, I'm paying the price. 

After about three hours of nonstop work, I finally finished all my work. I cleared all of my things off of the floor and put them away before deciding to take a shower. Earlier in the morning I just rushed into homework instead of getting ready for the day. I grabbed some clothes, a towel, and my shower bag and then left the room. I walked down the hall, not really paying attention because I was finally getting to use my phone. Probably a mistake due to the fact I ran right into some girl. I tripped backwards and dropped all of my thinks. I let out a small shriek and looked up to see who had bumped into me.  

"What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised to see who it was. Jenna looked cute like always, but it didn't distract me from the fact that she was in the same hallway of my dorm and she obviously wasn't there to see me. Jenna had never mentioned knowing anyone from the surrounding dorms so I was extremely confused. 

"I was just visiting a friend, then I was going to text you and see if you still were doing homework." She answered. I started picking all of my things up off of the ground and Jenna help me back onto my feet. 

"You never told me that you know someone who lives on this floor." I retorted. 

"Oh, I guess it just never came up." Jenna shrugged and crossed her arms. She almost looked impatient. I had no idea why she was acting this way.

"Well, who is it? I might know them." I said. Jenna started tapping her foot now. 

"Her name's Hayley, Hayley Williams." As soon as that name was spoken my eyes almost popped out of my head. How did she know Hayley? Did Hayley know we were dating and wanted to ruin my life just a little bit more?

"Oh, yeah I've known Hayley since elementary school. I didn't know she lived on this floor though." I said through gritted teeth. What the hell was Hayley playing at?

"Um, okay. So, I'm going to see her for a bit and just text me when you're free because from the looks of it you were about to take a shower." Jenna pecked my cheek quickly and walked past me. If Jenna was suddenly friends with Hayley, either she already knew or I would have to tell her about everything between Hayley and I. The way she acted when mentioning Hayley didn't make me think that she knew. 

...

I got back to my room, Lynn was in the same place as before except she had fallen asleep. Honestly, it didn't surprise me and I wondered what that said about our friendship. I put my dirty clothes in my laundry hamper and put everything else away. I sat down on my bed and after a few minutes I texted Jenna. She replied almost immediately saying she would be over soon.  I attempted to straighten the room up a bit before she got here but in less than five minutes there was a knock at the door. I let Jenna in and we sat down on my bed, both of us leaning on the wall the bed was pushed up against. 

"So, how was Hayley doing?" I asked, trying to ease my way into the confession I had to make. I was really worried about how Jenna was going to react. 

"She was fine."Jenna replied simply with a nod. I took a deep breath and then was ready to tell her. 

"I thought since it seems like you and Hayley are friends I should tell you kind of about us. We'd been in the same classes in elementary school, and a lot of the same classes in middles school. We were like best friends but in high school when I started realizing that I liked girls, I developed more than friendly feelings for her. Little to my knowledge I didn't know we were both going through the same thing, we were just too worried about the end results if we told each other. Then, in junior year she told me and we ended up dating. Hayley was completely fine with telling anyone but I didn't know how my family would react. In the beginning of senior year, Hayley was over at my house and my Mom was home and as my Mom walked into the room Hayley kissed me. My Mom freaked out and Hayley said she was doing me favor by doing it. We broke up and I had to awkwardly live with my Mom for the rest of the school year." I finished my story and Jenna sat there with a blank expression on her face. 

"I just thought you should know we have history because we're dating and I didn't think I should keep things like that from you." I added when Jenna still hadn't said anything. I couldn't tell whether she was taking this well or not. 

"Thank you for telling me Tay. That's kind of weird that Hayley didn't say anything about that because I mentioned us dating to her." Jenna said. From the look on her face she was obviously deep in though. 

"Yeah, that is weird." I agreed. I hopped Hayley wasn't going to do anything to mess this up for me. 

...

hello! wow i should've had this update out sooner but i just got a puppy and that has been a major distraction

also, I've gotten back into pokemon and it's quickly taken over my life again

thanks for voting/commenting! 

ily