Chapter 4 - The Loud Bombardic

People's screams become distant and overlap him lying on the solid ground, the smell of car engines still ran everywhere. No more than a few seconds a loud outburst awoke Rick from his slumber, he sprung up with his hands supporting his weight, it wasn't long before he began to cough uncontrollably. It was unbearable, dark fumes filled the fresh air with unpleasant chemicals. The coughs continued, he rolled himself over onto his stomach while his arms still supported him, it felt like his insides were burning.

As he struggled to breath, he forced the helmet off of his head. Soon tossing it aside. Rick then noticed the amount of blood that poured out from his wounds, he pulled himself up with all of his strength. He looked around, leading with his eyes to see if he could find anything to stop the tremendous amount of bleeding coming from his injuries.

Most of the stores were closed for some unknown reason, everyone ran away from the crash site, abandoning their cars and belongings for survival.

He decided to travel on foot, the road was cleared with only small car parts left in the truck's path. Tires, blinkers and engine pipes were the only remaining items scattered around the place. Rick chose to move forward, to the gas station where the Truck had crashed into.

He walked for what felt like miles but was only the next few cars down. The cars on the road soon became more common. The space in between the vehicles became increasingly tighter to squeeze through, but with enough luck he came across his motorbike. He thought that it would've been destroyed by the truck barged through the building. It had landed on the back window of a nearby vehicle, the safety glass was broken and scattered around the place followed by the back tire having multiple glass shards in it. Rick tried to get the bike off the car but to no avail it was stuck in place, the sound of the child's head was glued in place.

Half of the bike was in shambles, the front wheel, grippers, side engine and the gas pipe had been shredded off with such force that you could barely make out that it was supposed to be a motorcycle. Even if it was still a working one, it would've been painful to sit on for just a few minutes. Immediately after, blood started oozing down the side of his head and made its way into his left eye.

It spurts into his eye and blocks his sight, he removed his teared up jacket and threw it away and out of sight. Before that he had taken out his gun from one of the still remaining pockets. He shoved in the back of his pants for now. He patted himself down in order to find anything that can be used as a tissue of some sort, with his pockets empty he had no other choice but to smear it away with his hand, his hand now covered in his crimson red fluids. It would only do so much for now.

The once clear blue sky turned cold black within minutes of the incident, Rick decides to search around the abandoned cars to see if there was anything that was useful. He swings open the car with his bike stuck in the back. The inside was nothing but unfiltered junk. Fast food cups, scratched lottery tickets, dog hairs, old supermarket receipts and an unbuckled child seat.

He realizes that the child in the back seat was the buzzcut kid from a few minutes ago. He peeked over to the far right of the back. There sat the faceless kid, his face contorting inwards with gore gradually dripping from his mouth and forehead, his front teeth missing, half of his face pushing upwards and rubbing against the tire. The jaw was immobile, slowly being crushed by the front wheel. He felt a sense of fright in his wide eyes. Rick gagged profusely.

The cries and screams of the innocents finally made Rick pick up on it. He noticed a pack of thin tissues, he grabs it in an instant.

"Good enough.." he said to himself.

He unwrapped the packaging around the napkins and picked out two thick tissues. His left eye going blood-shot red from all of the blood, with the napkin in hand he swiped it across his forehead. In one clean swipe the tissue went from dry, soft and dainty to soggy and saturated. It dripped onto the boiled floor. He placed the remaining dry tissues into one of his front pockets, just in case. Rick decided to head onto the large pavement beside him and walk on foot until he was at the school. Rick's pace was fast like a cheetah, he continued to walk past the people running away from the incident.