XXVI

~~~

"So you are dating for a while now?"

"Yes."

"Since Jisoo's Halloween party?"

"Yup."

"How didn't I notice this?!" Jisoo taps on her head, looking confused and betrayed by her own senses. "Argh! It must've been one hell of a show!"

"Oh, Unnie! You have no idea." Jennie leans forward on the table, her hands collapsing together with excitement. "She was so drunk and jealous-..."

"I was not jealous!" Lisa growls, glaring at her girlfriend and regretting half of her life decisions that has lead her to this point.

"With that bitch Hoyeon?!" Jennie imitates Lisa mockingly, making the other couple laugh.

"Okay, I didn't say it like that!"

"You definitely did."

"Jennie!"

"What? You did!"

"Whatever."

Jennie giggles at her annoyed expression, and just before she comes up wuth an answer, her phone starts to ring on the table.

It's not hidden from anyone that the caller is none other than her grandfather, which makes her groan by reading his name on the screen. Jennie takes the phone and stands up, muttering incoherent, but definitely annoyed words under her breath as she walks away.

Lisa watches her disappear outside the café they are in, thinking quite a couple they are with both having serious toxic family issues.

"I didn't expect you to be the one confessing, honestly." Jisoo's voice brings her out of the thought, making her look at the couple before her again, while Chaeyoung is nursing a cup of hot drink, Jisoo is giving her attention to Lisa.

Lisa is glad that her best friend didn't take it to heart that she hadn't come clean to her when it happened. Of course Chaeyoung would understand Lisa's decisions, she always does.

"Yeah, guess all I needed was alcohol in my body." Lisa says while her cheeks heat up with embarrassment. Jisoo is Jennie's family. It is strange to sit in front of her as her cousin's girlfriend. "At least I can always bring it up to her that I was the brave one."

"I'm sure even without alcohol, you're the braver one."

"And apparently the jealous one."

Lisa scoffs at Chaeyoung's comment.

"She was literally a ticking bomb about Kai, I'm jealous? Never."

They're talking when a group of teenage girls approach them, cutting the conversation off.

"Oh my god! It's really the three of you! Can we take pictures please? We're such big fans of all of you!!!" The one at the front squeals happily, literally not being able to stop wiggling on her spot.

It's Chaeyoung who stands up from her seat first, followed by Lisa and then Jisoo.

"Of course, you can." She answers kindly, stepping forward to arrange the girls between them. "Lisa, you and I stay at the sides, Jisoo, you at the middle. Girls, is it okay?"

"It's great!" Another girl squeals, her eyes almost watering. "I can't believe this is really you, Rosé!"

"I know, right?!" Jisoo remarks, her signature smirk appearing on her face, making the girls giggle at her antics.

"Come on, girls." Chaeyoung calls them again, and then one of the young girls gives her phone to a waiter, and he snaps a dozen of photos while the girls are all giggling happily or squirming with excitement.