[1]

[with added chinchilla content you may notice, i work at an animal place and this guy is actually evil. we're all convinced he's plotting to overthrow the monarchy]

***

This story begins way before our character is even thought of,or has any chance of existing. This may seem unconventional,but I don't really care.

So, it's the year 57.bc and a man is about to sign a very important contract.
This is a very bad idea (or maybe very good,depending on who you ask) as the person he is signing the contract for is the devil. This man is unpeculiar in the fact that he is terrified of his own rather imminent death. He has heard of a murder plot, and has recently been feeling a pain in his chest.

He cried out to god the night before, begging him to be spared of the curse of mortality. Now he is sitting across from a dark figure in a cloak,with a pen clutched in his hand. He signs his name.

This man is the very first vampire, and his wife is turned by proxy. He soon learns the terms of the devil's contract, which were all in the fine print, because of course they were. Him and his wife had many children, and that leads us to today. (for your own sake please read on instead of lingering to think about how their children all got married to vampires and had vampire children. At this time Incest was normalised in high society, but still, it's a bit grim isn't it?)

Another boy is writing in a room, he is also a vampire, but he is 15 years old, and just doing his science homework. His name is Vlad.

He doesn't know it yet, but his home is about to burn down, and he will have to move again.

Downstairs, his father is asleep in his coffin. It's the middle of the day, so of course he's asleep. It's a shame, because Vlad only saw him for the few hours the sun was down that he didn't spend sleeping.

Renfeild is finishing cleaning up after his fathers meal the previous night, he has all the bodies in a pile, and has just about cleaned the blood off the stone floors. There is one problem here, he is completely out of his favourite acid "do not use, only for lab use, extremely toxic" which isn't the name, but it's what it says on the tin.
He does however, have an old rag and some matches.

Vlad can now smell smoke, and grabs his suitcase, throwing in his few belongings and going down to the crypt to wake his dad.

The crypt was cold, that was the first thing he always felt when he entered, cold. His father obviously couldn't feel it, technically being dead and all. Most of the time he would shiver, and suggest central heating for the 78th time, but now he stayed quiet, he only had 2 months left of feeling cold. And part of him wanted to treasure it.

He knocked on the lid of the coffin and stepped back. Taking one of the few breaths he had left. The smell of smoke was sharp. Renfeild was shouting somewhere.

His father rose from the coffin, glaring down at him. "Vladimir, why must you wake me?" Vlad wiped his hand on his jeans.
"There's a fire father, the crypt is the last room unaffected"
He rolled his eyes. He wasn't bothered by the heat, or the smoke. vlad coughed into his sleeve. "Very well,go and get in the hearse"

Vlad picked up his leather case and followed renfield to the aforementioned hearse. He looked behind him,coughing from the smoke just in time to be nocked back by the explosion.

A small bat,clutching a suitcase, fluttered out of a window. Smoke was profusely coming off it. Renfeild picked him up and sat him in the hearse, and his father flew in and changed back, patting himself down to stop the burning sensation.

And then, they drove

Vlad woke up as the sun was setting "finally Vladimir, you're starting to sleep during the day and awaken at nightfall!" he sighed, turning to look at his dad "no. I was knocked unconscious. I'm still normal" he said
"For now" his father mumbled. Vlad glared at him.