Chapter 1: The Price Of Betrayal

As he looked out into the vast darkness he felt nothing, not a shred of fear that he once would have felt. All that he had once loved was gone, all that he ever wanted was gone, and all there was to live for was gone. Nothing moved in the barren landscape, not a single sound, not a single smell, just a feeling of loneliness sunk into his heart. He tried to remember, but it hurt, the things he had to live through had formed a cage around his heart and would continue to haunt him even after death. There was one thing, the thing that finally made him feel, the only thing he could remember, the name 'Azrea'. The reason the world ended, he chuckled, was his dog.

He heard barking, opening his eyes he could see his dog standing on top of him. Being awoken this rapidly he had questions, but he knew that in his world he didn't have time for stuff like that. He thought to himself, why? Until a sensation, he was used to brought him back to reality. A feeling he knew very well. A kick to the head, "Get out of here freak!". These villagers, he didn't understand why they despised him. His whole life, the looks they gave him as if he was the devil. But there was one,
"leave him alone!", the only person he trusted. The only person there for him. The person is called 'Asmode'. She was what the humans would call a Demon.

See this world, similar to yours, is a planet made up of approximately 70% Ocean, but unlike yours, it is twice the size and is separated into 4 quadrants. The North quadrant, including the 'North Pole', is known as 'The Holy Land' and is inhabited by the creatures of Heaven. The East Quadrant is known as 'the land of magic' and is inhabited by the magical creatures of Elfia. The South quadrant, including the South Pole, is called 'The Land Of Red' and is inhabited by the forces of Hell. Finally, the west quadrant, known as 'The Land Of The Unfortunate' is inhabited by humans. naturally, being the weakest of the four quadrants, The Land Of The Unfortunate, is the smallest of them all. All four of the quadrants are separated by an ancient wall of unknown origin. The only way to get past the walls is to use a 'Gate', a strange platform located at random points around the world, their origin is unknown like the gates. These platforms will randomly appear and disappear. Entering one of these gates will take the challengers into a dungeon where they are attacked by many strange creatures. Once the challengers have defeated the dungeon, they will be given a reward and teleported to either the same gate that they entered from or a different gate, this decision is left to a vote by the entire party.

(Orion, the bright-haired protagonist of this story, standing at 5,9 he's shorter than most kids his age, being 16. He is a demon and like all demons he has two little horns on his temples there isn't much more that differentiates him from humans. This was part of the reason he didn't understand why the humans cursed him so much. His parents aren't around, for all, he knows they may have just left him here and run away)

Asmode did what she knew best, a right uppercut, sending multiple teeth flying out of the villager's mouth, "Get away from him!". The villagers all started running away, "RUN!! She's going to curse us with her demonic powers". Asmode walked up to the Orion and said "We should probably leave before the Knights arrive".

Creatures in this world are born with skills, the most common type of skill to be born with is a Normal skill, next would be a skill of their quadrant, if lucky, they can also be born with skills from other quadrants. There are 4 types of skill, Normal, Holy, Unholy, and Magical. An animal can only have a skill from the Normal type. Skills can only be obtained by birth or by being bestowed the skill by another being, skills that have been bestowed lose some of their power. Skill types also have advantages against one another, Holy is at an advantage against Unholy. Magical is weak to the Unholy and strong against the Holy. Normal is at a slight disadvantage to everything else and doesn't have anything it's strong against. Each Skill type also has sub-types such as healing. The Knights are people from the Human Kingdom who use their skills for the betterment of humanity.