chapter- 1

'Allysa Alonso'

Releasing an annoying sigh as the sound of my alarm rang, I clenched my eyes shut, hoping that it's not morning yet and summer breaks aren't over yet.

Sadly, it was.

Groaning, I tapped the button of my annoying alarm, pulling my covers up. I sat on the edge of the bed, still in my slumber.

I had moved states away from my hometown to attend college. I had worked hard in school just to get the opportunity to study at my dream University, NYU.

Sighing, I stood up, starting my morning routine. Once I was done showering and refreshing, I moved to my closet, picking out a comfortable baggy jeans, a white crop top, and a jacket over it.

Glancing at the clock to see the time, I was happy knowing I had enough time to explore the university. Checking my bag, I made sure that I was carrying all the necessities.

Living alone in a big city is somewhere exciting as well as overwhelming. Grabbing my keys, I opened my door, exiting my flat, seeing my neighbor Olivia. She was also a student, just like me, in her 20s. I had grown quite fond of her during my time here, as she was the only friend I had here.

"Hi Olivia," I chirped. "Hey Alyssa, going already?" she inquired.

"Yeah, thought to explore the new place," I replied with a smile.

"Wow, that's so nice. Would you like to grab a coffee?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah, sure," I replied, smiling.

Walking into the cafe, we walked towards the counter, giving our orders and grabbing two to-go coffee cups. "So, excited for college?" Olivia asked, sipping on her coffee.

"More on the nervous side," I chuckled.

Walking through the corridors of the university, exploring each part of it, I stumbled across a guy, bumping into him. "Fuck," I sighed. "I'm so sorry," I apologized, looking up from the chest to look at the man I had almost spilled my coffee on. My eyes caught the sight of the most dazzling eyes ever, the blue ones staring down at me. For a moment, my breath hitched as he stood tall, hovering over me.

He was wearing a well-tailored suit that hugged his body perfectly. His hand and knuckles were littered in tattoos, and I was curious to know who exactly this Greek god was. There wasn't a single detail on this man that didn't scream untamed. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

His eyebrow was arched, his blue eyes sparkled with amusement as his lips quirked into a small smile, peering down at me. "Shit, sorry," I muttered, averting my eyes as I quickly moved around the man, taking my exit.

He will probably think I'm a creep.

Shaking my thoughts from the man, I walked towards my class. Stepping inside, walking towards the first row, I plopped down on my chair, setting up my laptop as we waited for the teacher.

The side door near the front of the class swung open. My eyes trailed down—shit, I know that suit.

The moment he stood in front of the class, my mouth swung open when the same blue eyes I saw not too long ago shifted around the class and stopped at me. His lips twitched upwards slightly before he cleared his throat, removing his eyes.

"Good morning," he spoke in his gruff voice, which sent a chill through my spine, velvety smooth with a thick accent.

Italian.

I was at a loss for words, clenching my thighs together to stop the mishappening I felt at the moment. Shrugging off, he spoke in his gruff voice, "Good morning, students. As some of you may know, I am your new professor, Adriano Marino. You all can call me Professor Marino. So, without wasting more time, let us get started."

Shit, he is my professor—

His eyes shifted back to mine, and I suddenly forgot how to breathe. He was surely a Greek god. His eyes clashed with mine, and I could sense his eye smile. The guy that I almost spilled my coffee on is my psychology professor.

This is definitely going to be a long year for me__________