XXIV

~~~

Maybe she should've told Jennie that she's meeting with her grandfather today. Now, at almost 7 AM, Lisa regrets not coming clean to her girlfriend. But she had her own reasons, and at that time, she thought they're valid. She didn't want to upset Jennie by mentioning about the head of the Kim clan, knowing Jennie's a bit sensitive on the subject.

As she steps out of her car, she's met with a woman by the door waiting for her. She bows to her and follows her inside.

This is, by far, the largest house Lisa has ever stepped inside. If Jennie lives in a mansion, this is actually a high class royal castle. The whole place screams Victorian era. Everything looks so original and expensive that it feels illegal, even walking on the surface below her feet.

"This way please, Ms. Manoban." The woman talks, and Lisa recognises the voice immediately. She nods without talking, though Yoonah is not looking at her.

The woman who is Yoonah from yesterday's phone says nothing more as she guides Lisa through the massive hallway, they stop once so the model can take her coat off, handing it to one of the servants there.

And when Lisa enters the patio, she barely manages to keep her mouth closed, Im Yoonah is watching her anyways.

"Sit please, Mr. Kim will be here soon." And then Yoonah leaves her on her own while she looks around of the very lively, but lonely place.

She once again is tempted to text Jennie and let her know about this whole thing. She pulls her phone out, but just then, the sound of someone walking in with help of their cane makes her to jump up from her seat and turn to greet the man who's invited her to this palace.

Lisa bows almost 90 degrees.

"Hello, Mr. Kim. Thanks for having me here!"

He walks there to his seat at the head of the table.

"Have you been waiting for long?"

"No, sir. I just arrived."

"Good." He nods. "Let's eat first, hmmm?"

"Yes, sir."

With a motion of his hand, somebody comes close to them and fills two cups of coffee for them, she doesn't ask how Lisa drink hers, and Lisa decides to just go with the black that she's poured for her. She doesn't want to look picky in front of the man. Honestly Lisa doesn't know how to behave before people like him, he's just too powerful to be anyone associated with Lisa, and it's making her too nervous to be able to enjoy her breakfast in peace.

They eat in silence, Mr. Kim doesn't talk, and Lisa has no idea what to say, so taking that it's probably their table tradition to keep the mouth shut while eating, the Thai model follows along. She doesn't want to appear as the rude low-level girl who insulted one of the most powerful men in fashion industry in his own house.

As they finish and the maids start to clean the table, Mr. Kim decides to finally talk.

"So, Lalisa..." His tone is too stoic for Lisa's liking. She doesn't know how to read it, so Lisa just gives him her attention completely. "I've been meaning to have a meeting with you for a while now... just the two of us."

"Oh, really, sir? I would've come any time."

"That's kind of you." Mr. Kim says, though his voice showing absolutely no gratefulness. "I see you as a promising young model. And that's why I've been watching you."

"W-watching me, sir?"

"Yes. Watching your campaigns, the people you hang out with, your connections and stuff..." he drops the rest with a shake of his hand. "Anyways. You've been making quite a name after the dance project."