Chapter 3

It all happened so fast, one moment she was complaining as she counted her steps, dreading the day that was ahead of her, and then before she knew she was falling to the ground a sharp, excruciating pain lit her body on fire, as crashed to the floor. "What the bloody hell was that" Finn yelled in a panic, sound filling Marianna's ears again as everything become fast again, "Isaiah are you ok, Marianna" Finn dusted the gravel of his clothes as he reached out to grab Isaiah's hand. Both boys turned around at the lack of response, to immediately go pale at the sight of their friend on the ground, blood pooling from her lower abdomen. "Fuck, Marianna, she's been shot" Isaiah yells as he falls to the floor and pushes his hand over her wound, pressing down in attempts to stop the bleeding, something Tommy had taught him and Finn just in case one day they ran into any problems. "Fuck we need to get her inside" calls out Finn, to which the two boys grab her body careful to not hurt her anymore, as she begins to scream in pain. Although the sounds of her screams both saddened and angered the two boys, they felt a sense of relief in all the panic, as up until now they hadn't heard a sound from the girl.

Shoving through the door of the betting shop, Arthur turns to see the two boys carrying the girl, "what the fuck is this, what happened to her" he yells catching the attention of everyone, Tommy running from his office along with John and Ada, who is left with a face of terror as she sees the girl covered in blood. "Two guys in a car shot her, they yelled out to hell with the peaky blinders" Finn explained to them as they rushed forward, "quick put her hear" Ada yells, pointing to a table that John shoves the paperwork and other equipment off of, placing her down on the table. They frantically moved around, Tommy grabbing a bottle of whiskey pouring it on Marianna's wound, seething in pain, as Ada scrambled to find a first aid bag. Knowing they had a long day ahead of them, the two boys sat on the chairs in the kitchen, only hearing the screams of their dear friend who struggled on the table.

Hours passed and finally Ada came into the kitchen where her brothers and Isaiah sat, "she's fine now, I retrieved the bullet out of her and stitched her up, she is asleep, the trauma and pain made her pass out". A collective sigh of relief filled the room as the brothers started to exit the kitchen and get back to their work, leaving Tommy behind to talk to the two younger boys. "So you said two men in a car who yelled out and then shot" he asked the boys trying to make sense of the situation. "Yes, that's right" Finn responds, Isaiah following "Tommy that bullet wasn't meant for her", Finn following on "He's right we're the peaky blinders not her, and she got hurt because of us" "she could of died" Isaiah dreaded the thought of his friend instead lying on the table dead with a bullet meant for him, or Finn, or anyone else but her. "But she isn't, and she understands deep down the risks that come with being associated with the peaky blinders", Tommy assures the two boys, "but she isn't involved in any of this, she should be safe" Isaiah worries, "yes, exactly she should, she is an innocent and she needs to be freed from this all before she gets in deep" Tommy knows what he is going to say next to the boys will be hard on them but if they care for the wellbeing of their friend they will do as he says. "You need to let her go, the both of you, she will never be safe while she is friends with the two of you" both boys looking shocked at Tommy's words "yes the rest of us are close with her but you are the ones who tie her to us, you must let her go" Isaiah and Finn are silent unsure of what to say, "but how can we do that, you know her, she will just come back" Finn speaks up breaking the silence, knowing his friend wouldn't let go of them so easily, she would pry and break them to tell her the truth and they wouldn't be able to resist her. "You must make her believe that there isn't anything to want to come back to, the two of you must break her heart if your want her to be safe" Tommy knowingly knew it would be hard on Isaiah and Finn to let go of their dearest friend, but if they wanted to ensure her safety they must.