Fresh start

I sit in the backseat of the police car staring out the window as the song romantic homicide blasts in my ears. I couldn't imagine that she'd die so fast. I still need my mom even if we didn't get along well. Let's just hope this new chapter of my life is different.

After my mom died I found out I had 5 other brothers that apparently she didn't think was important to mention before her departure.

We pull up to a jet and a tall man steps out of the car that has been trailing us. He walks up to me and offers to carry my backpack. This is the only thing I was able to pack myself from the house but honestly everything I have in my bag is the only stuff worth taking.

I give him my backpack but not before taking my charger out because the car ride from the office to here has drained most of my battery.

"Do you have an outlet I can plug my phone in?" I ask as I'm giving him my backpack.

"Yes, there are plenty. Make yourself comfortable the ride will be a little over 7 hours. Also I apologize for the late introduction, I am Alessandro your eldest brother. It's nice to meet you."

I nod "it's nice to meet you too"

We don't speak again and just hop in and he sits in the seat across from me. The jet takes off and I don't fail to notice how in shape he is. I mean I can literally see his muscles through the sleeves of his suit. Is this guy like one of those people addicted to working out because I'm just at a loss for words seeing how toned he is.

I get bored after looking on my phone so I decided to take a nap for the rest of the ride. I lean my head on the window and doze off to sleep with my music still playing.

I open my eyes and I'm being woken up by Alessandro who for some reason is now sitting next to me and my head was on his shoulder.

"Wake up, we're here." He says standing up and grabbing my backpack. I follow him out of the plane and to the car.

"Everyone is home so I'll be able to introduce you to them. Since you don't seem to have very many clothes I will assign someone to take you shopping. We will be enrolling you into school soon and after dinner I need you in my office so we can go over some rules. Ok?"

I just nod clearly uninterested in what he had to say

"I prefer verbal confirmation." He say with a lower tone that before

"Ok I heard you." I say looking out of the window.

We arrive before we know it and "damn" I accidentally say out loud. The house is huge. I avoid looking at Alessandro so I don't know his reaction to my language since I still don't know the rules about cursing here.

Alessandro walks in front of me and as we enter the house he leads me to the living room. "Hey guys, listen up." He says to the group of boys lounging around in the living room.

They all pay attention and seeing them staring so hard starts to make me uncomfortable. "This is our sister Gianna, she will be staying with us from now on so be sure to make her feel welcome."

He then points to the curly haired boy "this is your second brother Luca. He waves at me with a smile.

"Then your third brother over there is Emilio" I can see that he was playing the PlayStation but paused as we arrived. He also waved.

"And lastly you have the twins Lorenzo and Giovanni" he says pointing at each of them as he says their names. Lorenzo then gets up to come hug me. "Nice to meet you baby sis." He says jokingly.

"I'm hardly a baby" I say not hugging him back.

"Well you are in my eyes" he say then he goes back and takes the seat on the couch next to his twin.

"Alright now that we're done with introductions it's time for you to get settled into your room" Alessandro says and then he starts walking.

I follow but not before I turn back to look at the boys who are just staring me down. I wish I knew what they were thinking.

I walk into my room and wow. Just wow. It's huge and surprisingly enough it's perfect for me. I love the perfect mix of minimalist and maximalist in this room. I wonder if there's a word for that.

He places my backpack beside my bed "we have breakfast and dinner together as a family. Lunch is up to you when and where you want to have it. Since you don't know your way around yet I will show you around after our conversation about rules. Is this ok with you?"

I nod and then yawn as I go to sit on my bed

"I will have someone come to get you when it's time for dinner. Also dinner starts at 6, enjoy your nap."

I nod at him before looking at the time. It's 2:30 so I'll have enough time to get a good nap in because man I definitely need it. He then exits the room closing the door behind him.

I take my shoes off and lay down in the bed and now I never want to leave. This bed is way too comfortable I wouldn't mind if my casket was made out of whatever made this so soft. After a few moments I doze off into my sleep.