It's Valentine's Day Again, Charlie Brown

Valentine's Day was slowly approaching. As we all know, Valentine's Day is a day where we show appreciation for somebody. Everybody likes Valentine's Day, all except for Good Old Charlie Brown, who's suffered just about every Valentine's Day without getting a Valentine.

As with every February, Charlie Brown was sitting right in front of his letter box, waiting for someone to send him a valentine card.

"Another Valentine's Day is on its way." Charlie Brown said to himself. Ever since I managed to talk to her, I really hope that Little Red-Haired Girl will give me a valentine this year! No, Charlie Brown! You know her name already! I know! She might have sent me a valentine early!"

Charlie Brown got up and opened the letter box, placing his hand inside to search for an early valentine's card.

"Good grief! No valentine's card! I know! I'll go over to Heather's house!"

Charlie Brown was just about to do so when Janice walked by.

"Oh. Hi, Janice." Said Charlie Brown.

"Hello, Charlie Brown." Said Janice. "What are you doing outside the mail box? Valentine's Day isn't even here yet!"

"I'm just waiting for Heather to send me a valentine." Said Charlie Brown.

"Just in case you weren't told," Janice said. "Heather's gone away for the week. She's taking care of her ill grandma. Don't worry. She's sure to return on Valentine's Day."

"She's gone away?"

"Just for the week and weekend."

"What am I going to do while she's gone?" wondered Charlie Brown.

Just as Charlie Brown was about to get up and go to his room, he saw Snoopy walking up to the mail box. He put his paw in and....

"Sorry, Snoopy." Said Charlie Brown. "Valentine's Day is only a week away. It's too early for Valentine's."

"Aw....." Snoopy said sadly.

"Not to worry, Snoopy." Said Charlie Brown. "That leaves you plenty of time to think about making valentines. And that leaves me that amount too. I've got it!"

"Huh?!" wondered Snoopy.

Charlie Brown walked inside and saw Sally working on her valentines.

"What are you doing, Sally?" asked Charlie Brown.

"I'm making some valentines, Big Brother." Said Sally. "Right now, I'm writing a very special valentine for Linus because he's my sweet babboo."

"But he says he's not your sweet babboo, and that he's Janice's." said Charlie Brown.

"What does he know?" scoffed Sally.

"Right now, I'm going to make a very special valentine."

"If you're writing one to that red-haired girl....." Sally said.

"I know. Heather's gone away for the week. Janice told me. I'm going to give it to her when she returns."

Charlie Brown remembered what he'd taught Sally. How to make a heart card.

"Hmm..... yeah. I'll make her a heart card."

Charlie Brown got a red piece of paper, some glue, and some white paper for Heather to be able to read. First, he folded the red paper and cut out half a heart. And then, he put some glue to hold the white paper. Then, as the glue dried, Charlie Brown wrote on the card. Sally looked on, and as Charlie Brown finished, he looked at what he'd written.

"There. All finished."

"Are you finished, Big Brother?" Sally asked.

"I sure am, Sally. Have a read." Charlie Brown said, handing Sally the card.