Chapter 54

𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑, 𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕.

Teegan's POV

For the last few months, I had grown to love Levi and the man he'd become

For the last few months, I had grown to love Levi and the man he'd become. He was changing for the better. He was changing for me. He was controlling his anger and his impulses and working to improve himself for me. What was once darkness had turned to light, and it was evident that he was doing his best with the help he was receiving from the guys and his therapist. He showed me he was ready to make the change and put in the effort to win me back again.

" P-Please, Teegan. Please help me.. " Jacob pleaded, and I simply stared at him as the walls of Levi's basement felt as though they were slowly closing in on me. Levi was supposed to change. He was supposed to do better.

" What happened? " I asked him, still in shock, and he let out a few more tears as he spoke.

" God, it's been almost two weeks, I think. It was almost like he snapped. Like he was a different person all of a sudden. He caught me off guard in the parking garage at the hospital and just ambushed me with his other friends. Before going to visit your parents, the other guys forced me down here. " Huh. It was hard to believe how much could happen in so little time. In those same two weeks, I was happily doing some last-minute Christmas shopping with Levi and the girls as the guys had some business to take care of... and I seemed to have stumbled upon that so-called business.

" Two weeks? " I asked, feeling lightheaded all of a sudden, and he nodded vigorously.

" I-I don't know what happened. He just came after me like I was some sort of threat. Please.. I don't think we'll have much time you have to get me out of here. " He pleaded, and as I went to take an automated step to help him, I paused. " A threat? " I whispered to myself as I watched him look at me with hope.. however, there was an emotion that I couldn't quite pinpoint swirling in his eyes.

"Don't worry, Tesoro.. he will be taken care of. "

" Say one more thing about her, and I'll ensure it's the last thing you ever say... "