┊003

⏤⏤⏤⏤═❀═⏤⏤⏤⏤
『 𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑  𝟑 』
⏤═❀═⏤
━『 new mission

Sakura and I stood together, confused, as we watched a plump lady strangle her cat in overwhelming joy. It seemed like that poor cat was subjected to relentless harassment by its owner. If I were that cat, I'd run away too.

"Serves him right, that stupid cat," Naruto says, rubbing the back of his head as we all observe the cat desperately trying to scramble out of the lady's arms.

"That cat was a pain to catch," Sakura remarks.

"No wonder he ran away," Sakura whispers to me, and I nod in agreement.

"I'd run away too if I were that cat," I reply, and Sakura lets out a giggle at my response, nudging my arm.

Lord Third's voice announces, "The next mission for Kakashi's Team Seven is an errand to the neighboring town, to babysit the chief councilor's boy, helping dig up potatoes-"

He was cut off by Naruto's piercing shout, "NOOOOO!" Naruto stood in front of us and made a cross with his arms, "No! No, thank you! BORING! As for me, I want to do a more exciting mission! Give us something else!"

Naruto does have a point. The missions that were assigned to us were all quite mundane and easy to complete, small errands around the village, mostly D-Rank missions. Sasuke had complained enough the other day when we shared dinner together for the first time in a while, and I had agreed with the statements he made.

"You fool! You're still bottom rookie!" Iruka exclaims slamming his hands onto the desk. "At the start, everyone moves up the ladder by gaining experience from simple missions!"

Gaining experience by helping someone trim their lawn? That's very impressive, I thought to myself and rolled my eyes.

"And you, Misaki! Don't roll your eyes!"

"All of us have the same opinion as Naruto at this moment," I reply to him, folding my arms with a huff.

"It's been nothing but 'blah' missions so far!" Naruto exclaims, and Kakashi gives Naruto a punch to the head, causing him to fall to the floor face-first.

Kneeling down, I ask, "Are you alright, Naruto?"

"Yeah," he groans out, and I stand up again at his positive answer.

"Naruto!" Lord Third scolds. "It's necessary to explain to you what a mission is."

Naruto sits up, rubbing the back of his head, soft groans of pain leaving his mouth, making me slightly frown. He said he was okay.

"Listen, requests pour into the village every day. They range from babysitting to assassinations. A wide spectrum of requests is recorded on the request list. They are separated into A, B, C, and D ranks in order of difficulty. In the village, everyone below me is divided up by ability in the order of Jonin, Chunin, and Genin. We at the highest level distribute the requests as missions to Ninjas who have the abilities that suit said mission. And if the mission is successful, the fee comes in from the client. Nevertheless, you guys have just become Genin. Rank D is about the best you can do. Hm?!"

As Lord Third was giving us four a lecture about how missions work, Naruto had begun talking about ramen, and it had engrossed the four of us more than the Hokage ever would. "Yesterday's lunch was pork bone broth noodles, so today will be miso broth."

"Are you listening?!" Lord Third yells, taking the pipe from his mouth, and Kakashi apologizes as well, having been tuned into Naruto's ramble about ramen.