XXXIII

~~~

Photos are thrown over the desk for the woman to see. A man behind the desk glaring at her.

"What are these?"

"I can explain."

"I don't need explanation. You told me you've got this all under control. Why are they kissing in public then?" He takes a deep breath. "It could've gotten to the media before me, you know what that means? It means all the plans would've been ruined just because you couldn't do the only thing you have to sooner!"

"I'll... I'll make this right soon, give me another chance." The woman pleads, hands locked before her chest.

"This will be your last. Or else..." He doesn't need to complete his words, the look he's giving the woman is enough to show how serious he is.

~~~

"What do you mean we're meeting Jin?" Lisa sits up from the lazy lounge on Jennie's lap, looking ambushed. "Who's we?"

"You and I, obviously."

"I don't understand." Lisa says, feeling uncomfortable as the memory of her encounter with Jin at the hospital pops in her head. She wouldn't have chosen this to repeat again. "Why?"

"Jin is like a brother to me." The answer almost makes Lisa scoff, almost. If she wasn't too preoccupied by the fact that Jennie's asking her to meet a member of family, as her girlfriend.

"And?" Lisa gulps.

"And I want to introduce my girlfriend to all my close people. Jin is one of them." Jennie softly says. "We meet him and his wife." Before Lisa can argue, Jennie continues. "Rosie and Jisoo also will be there. Please say yes."

"He doesn't like me." Lisa mutters, looking away from Jennie's puppy eyes.

"What?" Jennie tilts her head. "How on earth can you know that?"

"At the hospital we talked." Lisa says, fidgeting with her fingers to keep her gaze away from Jennie's. "He said- thought I'm some kind of a hooker for you."

"HE WHAT?!!!" Jennie stands up abruptly, her face turning red from anger immediately.

"He said he has a kid now and you wandering around with girls isn't a good influence on her. That I should leave."

"That's why... you left?" Jennie shots a sad look at her, kind of looking cast down at the new revealed information.

"No." She steals her gaze. She won't tell her the truth, she won't say Chahee is the reason, she can't. The girl has done absolutely nothing but good to Jennie.

"Don't lie." Jennie says, looking stern then again. "You left right after coming back with teas."

Lisa stays quiet.

"I asked them, he said nothing about it." Jennie sits close to her again. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." She accepts the hug and lets Jennie wrap her warm arms around her. "When should I get ready?"

"You don't have to agree. I'm sorry he acted like an ass."

"He's your cousin." Lisa whispers. "I think a second chance for him shouldn't be bad."

"Why are you so good, angel?"

"I donno." Lisa shrugs, a smile creeping on her lips. "Maybe I'm truly an angel."

"You are." Jennie tightens her embrace. "I love you. So fucking much."

"Speaking of fucking-..."

"Lalisa!"