𝑳𝑰𝑭𝑬𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑺

Eliza Taylor as Jillian "Jill" Grimes

Extended Summary

Before the outbreak happened, Jill Grimes' life had been looking up. She had graduated from college, found a job she could build an enjoyable career on, and had just settled into a nice new apartment with her best friend.

Everything was coming together for her– and then just like that, the life she had built for herself had crumpled apart in the blink of an eye as a devastating virus began to spread like wildfire.

The world Jill had known is now dead and gone, the pieces scattered to the wind. 

In a world like this, how do you survive?

 In a world like this, how do you live?

You find a lifeline.

★ Authors Note 

Greetings, my darling readers! 

This fic has been in my mind for a long time. Way back in early 2015, I came up with the general concept for an OC played by Eliza Taylor (I was also obsessed with the 100) who would be Rick's family in some capacity and grow to be Daryl's love interest. 

She went through a variety of names (Alexandra, Alice, Joanna) and backgrounds (Rick's half sister, Rick's adopted sister, Rick's cousin who was taken in at a young age). A variety of these takes have been posted with a few chapters on Quotev and Wattpad, then abandoned as I lost motivation or became hyper focused on a different fandom.

But this story has been on my mind again, and as I prepare myself to rewatch TWD (I stopped watching a majority of the seasons after Carl died and there was endless time jumps and plots that dragged out or made me frustrated), I find myself wanting to bring Jill's story to life with all the ideas and concepts my brain has created over the years.

This will be erratically updated as I find the time to sit down and write as I am currently in my first year of college (and also have been inspired to continue to write my HP fanfic), but I still want to start this and see where it takes me.

While I'll probably follow the general plot of the show (especially early on), I will likely take inspiration from the comics and the Telltale games, and depending on my mood and what ideas I have I may just decide to deviate in some plotlines or ignore them entirely.

Also, please note that I am a 22 year old Canadian. I try my best, but my computer uses Canadian English and my knowledge on certain topics (such as geography, or the American education system) isn't broad and I am Too Lazy to care.

Anyways, to anyone that sticks around and gives it a go: thank you.

I hope you enjoy.

𝕤𝕡𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤