Gift of the Night Fury

(First of all, This will be in third person. This will also be a one shot and it is for the holiday season. I originally was going to post this before Christmas but some things came up and I couldn't get any work done. So, Happy Holidays to all and I hope you enjoy this.)

"This is Berk, boasting the kind of balmy, fun-in-the-sun climate that will give you frostbite on your spleen." Hiccup's voice narrates as Berk is shown. The village is covered in snow as smoke escapes through the chimneys of some houses as fires are lit for the families within them to keep warm. The sun having just risen to shine light on the island. "The one upside is our annual holiday. We call it Snoggletog." The Chief's house is shown then it reveals Hiccup in his bed as he sleeps. "Why we chose such a stupid name remains a mystery, but with the war long over..." Until a roar is heard, the objects in the room shake because of a certain green-eyed dragon "...And with dragons living amongst us," Hiccup awakens but then covers his head with his blanket to try and go back to sleep. "This year's Snoggletog..." The roof rattles once again as Toothless continues to roar, "...Promises to be one to remember."

Hiccup turns over to try and ignore Toothless' roars, but he gives up, "Okay, okay, I'm coming." Hiccup groans, sitting up as he reaches out to grab something. He grabs his helmet and places it on his head then gets up from his bed as he makes his way outside. He yawns as he rubs his arm to warm himself up. He looks up to see Toothless on the roof with wide and eager eyes, "Well, good morning, Mr. Bossy." Hiccup says to the green-eye Fury. Toothless chuffs at him and Hiccup playfully mocks him. The young man walks as the black-scaled dragon climbs down to meet with him, "Do you always have to wake me up so early to go fly-i-i-i-Unh!" Hiccup grunts as Toothless stops his fall, his prosthetic slipping on some ice. Toothless lifts Hiccup so he would be on his feet, or foot. "Stupid leg." Hiccup mutters as he looks down at his metal foot, still getting use to it. "Oh, thanks, buddy. I'm okay." Hiccup assures Toothless as the dragon looks at him with some worry. "Yeah, we can go flying now." Hiccup smiles as he lays a hand on Toothless, but then the Night Fury burps in his face. "Ew! Ew! What?! Ew! Ohh! Toothless." Hiccup complains from the dragon's bad breath but smiles as Toothless purrs at him.

Elsewhere, (Y/N) was already up as she was doing some forms with her sword. While not many people liked the cold, she for one found it challenging in a fun way. Building a fire within herself as she swings her sword with grace and accuracy. She then swings her sword at a tree, cutting off one of the branches with ease. She breathes out and sheathes her sword. She then hears yawning and looks to find a certain purple-eyes dragon approaching her. "Hey, Twi. Ready for your morning flight?" She asks the female Night Fury. Twilight shakes her head to wake herself then looks at (Y/N) with mild annoyance. "What?" The (H/C)-haired woman asks. Twilight just rolls her eyes as she yawns again. "Well, I had a lot of energy so I woke up early. Now, let me put away my sword then get your gear on." She says as she jogs to the Hofferson house. Twilight watches her go and could tell that she was hiding something.

Above the clouds, Hiccup and Toothless soar through the skies. "Come on! Let's see what you got today." Hiccup says then Toothless dives down. The two enjoying the feel of the wind in their faces. "Woo-Hoo!" Hiccup cheers. Toothless spreads his wings as he glides across the water. "Yeah! Okay. You ready?" Hiccup asks as he detaches his prosthetic foot from the pedal that connects to Toothless's prosthetic tail-fin, closing it. The green-eyed Fury flaps faster to keep himself up as Hiccup stands on him, "Easy." Hiccup says as they approach a skerry.

The young Viking then jumps and makes it across the ledge and lands on Toothless, quickly placing his metal foot back in the pedal. The tail-fin opens and Toothless becomes steady again. "Yes! Finally!" Hiccup says with relief. But then something flies by him and Toothless and they look to find it to be none other than Twilight and (Y/N). "Cute! Now watch this!" (Y/N) shouts as she then positions Twilight's prosthetic tail-fin and have her fly upwards. She then detached her foot from the pedal and falls back as she free falls. For a moment, she feels the absence of the feelings that have been on her mind for the past few days as she closes her eyes with a peaceful smile. Twilight dives down and passes her, twirling a little to show off then she angles herself as (Y/N) opens her eyes maneuvers her body as she gets on the saddle and puts her foot back in the pedal, opening Twilight's tail-fin as the purple-eyes Night Fury glides across the sea, water flying up from the action and a rainbow appearing for a moment from the droplets.