XXIII

Hi, I'm here again. If you haven't read part XXII that I updated yesterday, go and check that out first before coming back here.

I hope you enjoy this part as well. Thanks for all the supports.💖

~~~

Be a good girl!

Lisa's body shots up with a start. She's breathing hard and her whole body is soaked with sweat, her face also with tears. She feels like she's been running to save her life for hours only to no use and being trapped at the end of it.

She hides her head down in the palm of her hands while her arms are propped on her lap. Lisa keeps trying to take deep breaths just to prevent the panic from getting the control of her body.

She's safe. She breathes in her hand.

I'm safe.

Lisa repeats to herself, not wanting to break down again.

I'm safe.

But she flinches hard as a pair of arms wrap themselves around her torso. Lisa is almost throwing herself off the bed when Jennie's gentle voice guides her back to the moment. Her voice comes from right next to her ear.

"Baby, it's me." She softly kisses the spot her neck joins her shoulder. "I'm here, you're safe."

Lisa knows she's safe. But it still doesn't mean she can keep herself from having nightmares. The nightmares that she had barely pushed away from her mind, now are back again with hearing the news of Min Yoongi getting arrested.

She takes another deep breath, tears finding their way down on her cheeks, just per usual. Lisa wipes them away, trying to hold herself from crying like a mess.

"I'm sorry." She says with her voice hoarse from the lump in her throat and the sleep.

"Don't say it, ever." Jennie kisses the same spot. "Wanna do something else? Anything you want. We can even wake Kuma up and play with him."

"It's not his fault that I have nightmares." Lisa mumbles. "Please don't torture him."

"Then what do you want to do?" Jennie carefully brushes her fingers through Lisa's hair. Her breath is making Lisa's skin tingle at the sensation.

"You should go to work in the morning, Ni. Let's just go back to sleep." She wipes off the new tears, leaning into Jennie's touch.

"I can't sleep knowing you're restless." She softly tells her. "Talk to me, baby."

"I... I don't know what to say. I don't know why it is happening again, now that he's probably gone away for a long time." She leans at Jennie's touch, letting the Korean get the control of her body and calm her down.

"Just tell me how you feel, Lili. I'm here with you."

"I'm..." Lisa feels embarrassed, but that is honestly the main feeling she has at the moment. "I'm scared."

Jennie's pulls Lisa down with herself, laying her almost on top of her own body, her head at the side of the brunette's chest while the latter keeps combing her hair with her fingers.

"Do you want to listen to light music to sleep better? It might help."

Lisa just nods, her face buried in Jennie's chest while the latter extends one hand to get her phone from the nightstand, connecting it to her bed speakers.

A few seconds after, Lisa can hear the relaxing instrumental music playing in the room. It's calm and makes Lisa feel like they're in a world that has none of Yoongi and his kinds.