I

"Come on," Cordelia turned her head at the light chuckle, the smile on her face brightening at the sight of the man before her, "you've done it before!"

"And I'm still alive, standing right in front of you, less than willing to do it again."

Finnick's smile brightened at the repetition of his own words. He held his hand out to the girl, her skin glistening from the sun rays hitting the water droplets that coated her so perfectly. She giggled melodically as he pulled her into a kiss, the taste of the mangoes they had shared on the way so prominent on her breath. The sound of rushing water filled their ears, her smile unbreakable as they each pulled away.

"I promise, it will be fun."

His lip slipped behind his teeth as he wore his winning smirk, Cordelia's hand reaching up to push some of the wet hair out of his face.

"Just like last time." She chuckled, her face flat and unsure.

"Hey," Now Finnick's tone was serious, his eyes holding a genuine gaze, "I'm with you."

She smiled big at the memory of them wrapped up in his sheets, "And you'll always come back to me?"

He pulled her close again, his back facing the big drop into the sea behind them, and again their lips connected.

"Always, and forever."

"Well then," Cordelia stepped back, her grin faltering his expression completely as he couldn't help but notice the mischievous gleam in the hazel eyes he had grown to adore, "as long as you go first!"

Her hands met his chest, his fingers wrapping around her wrist but, as he flew into the sea below, she had pulled herself out of his grasp, jumping from her spot in the cave victoriously.

"I can't believe that," She laughed loudly, "Finnick, you fall for that every single time!"

The bubbles that had come up to tell where he had landed slowly fizzled out, no sign of the blonde as any trace he was ever in the water disappeared.

"Finnick?"

No answer.

"Finnick, come on, this isn't funny!" Cordelia called out.

There was still no response. No sound at all but the waves crashing so harshly into the sharp rocks at the bottom. She looked out into the sea, as far as her eyes would grant her sight but, was given no sight of him. 

He was gone.

Cordelia's heart sank, beating against her stomach like a hand against a drum.

What if he had hit his head, and was sinking to the bottom?

She screamed his name. Over and over again, growing louder and louder but still, to no avail. So then, she did the next thing she could think of.

She jumped.

Holding her breath, and squeezing her eyes shut, letting in nothing but pitch blackness until they snapped back open, dilated with fear until she could register the four blue walls around her, as well as the purple sheets she'd slept in for the past almost five years.

"You okay?"

She felt her dark curls pushed out of the way before a tender kiss was placed on her shoulder.

"I'm alright," She smiled reassuringly, her hand caressing his jaw, "sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

Cordelia laughed as she was pulled onto his lap, and into a soft kiss.

"Don't worry about it," He mumbled into her neck, "I need to be at the dock soon anyway."

Hudson's eyes fluttered at the coolness he felt on his cheek from the silver ring on Cordelia's finger.