43.

Mattheo jogged over to Scarlet's car, opening her door before she could even turn her car off after parking in her usual spot back at Hogwarts.

Since their talk last night, everything between them truly felt complete—better than ever. Yes, they may be in a shit situation, but Scarlet believed that them being back together made the situation feel somehow less terrible.

"We're going to the Underground after dinner," Mattheo informed Scarlet as she smiled at him, turning off her car and starting to get out. "Me and Blade are driving there and before you even think of going with him, you aren't."

Scarlet smirked at the jealousy clearly written all over his face as he closed her car door behind her, and she opened her back door. "I love it when you show your possessive side, Matty, but watch yourself. I get to make my own decisions."

"You truly are a pain in my ass at times," he grumbled, rolling his eyes at her as she snorted, taking out her two bags.

She closed the door and turned around as Leila drove in on her bike, parking it a distance away from them as Blade, Enz, and Theo walked over with their bags.

"How was she this morning?" Theo questioned his sister, keeping his eyes locked on Leila as she got off her bike with one of her bags and walked away from them without even a wave. "She hasn't uttered a word to any of us except you."

"She didn't even want any ice cream," Blade mumbles.

Scarlet looked away from Leila's retreating figure and faced the boys, but mainly looking at her brother. "Kylo broke up with her. How do you expect her to act?"

Theo shrugged a shoulder. "I don't know," he weakly admitted as he started walking away.

Blade looked at the bags in Scarlet's hand and then at her car. "Her bags still in your car?"

Scarlet gave him a nod and he walked around her car, opening the trunk. Mattheo took her car keys, throwing them to Enz who caught them and then she started to walk away, knowing that they would lock her car and take care of her keys, otherwise they knew she would kick their asses.

"So, when do you think your father with start giving us orders?" Scarlet asked Mattheo, walking down the hallway leading to the portrait.

Mattheo stayed quiet for a moment, and she looked up at him to see his jaw tense as he stared ahead.

"Sorry," she quickly muttered, looking away from him. "Probably not the best time to mention it."

He loudly sighed as they pushed through the painting and arrived in the boy's hallway. "I'm not mad at you. I'm just pissed with my father," he admitted, adjusting the bags in his hands as they stopped at his door, and he looked down at her as she looked up at him. "Let's just act like we aren't working for him until he reaches out, okay?" She gave him a nod and he pushed his door open.

Scarlet followed in behind him and her eyes widened in surprise as she looked around his room. She hadn't been in there for a while, and it seemed he had changed it up. There were random shelves on his walls in different places filled with books and art supplies. On his desk, there was a sketchbook that was covered in silver drawings of a tree and there was even a poster of 'The Smiths' on his wall.

"When did you change your room around?" Scarlet quietly asked Mattheo as he dropped his bags down on his bed and she continued to look around his room.

"Before the break," he carelessly answered, walking over to her and taking her bags before she could even decline. "I got bored one weekend."

"It looks nice," she hummed, looking at him with a small smile. "It's you."

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion but then he quickly shook his head, walking out of his room and she followed him, closing his door behind her.