Ungodly Hour

Fallon and Imani Lyon have had everything handed to them as far as the material things go. A new car? Got it. Yves Saint Laurent shoes that haven't even been released yet? Done. The only thing they ever had to work for was music. They knew their father wasn't just gonna make space on the label for them, so they had to prove that they were supposed to be a part of Empire. And they would, once they get their father to listen to at least one of their songs.

Imani was seven when Cookie went to jail. Her mother was her best friend, and she would talk to her anytime she could. She, Jamal, and Cookie's relationship with each other through the seventeen years they'd been apart. She was hanging out at Jamal's, when her best friend showed up outside his apartment, seeing the siblings for the first time in seventeen years.

Fallon doesn't know who Cookie Lyon is. She was only ten months old when Cookie got locked up, and Lucious made it a point to rarely speak to or about her. He was too focused on Empire and Hakeem to bring her up, anyway. The only two people she actually looked to for guidance was Imani and Anika, her father's girlfriend. Anika and Fallon's relationship was that of sister, moreso than a maternal relationship. The two would hang out all the time, be each other's shoulder to cry on and everything. So, when a woman finds herself in her father's office, claiming to be her mother, she doesn't know how to respond.

FALLON LYON

17. CAPRICORN. ASEXUAL

IMANI LYON

24. SCORPIO. PANSEXUAL

AUTHOR SPEAKS!
Whew, chile... technically this is the prequel to On the Rise, but we not gon worry bout that right now. I'm very excited to write this, cause rewatching Empire has given me back my motivation and I'm very excited to introduce Fallon and Imani to the world of On the Rise and have those two interacting with everyone.