-Chapter 12- (Fear and Guilt)

My eyes widened in surprise, 'A dagger?' I asked.

'I saw it.' He ripped his hand away from me. I stepped back, 'You had one, and you were looking for something. For someone.'

My ears flattened, 'I... I don't kno-'

'Don't lie to me.' His gaze got darker, 'I've been mind and let you stay with Sonic and the others, but I know something about you isn't adding up.'

I sighed, 'It's a long story.' I turned away from him, 'Listen, I'll just get lunch, I get that you don't want to hang.' I started walking away.

'There have been deaths of Sonic's friends and enemies alike. Ones who helped in any way to save Mobius.' I stopped, 'However, they've all stopped once you arrived. You have ties with Mangey, Scourge, and Infinite mentioned Nine.' He walked to my side, looking down at me, 'What are you hiding, Y/N?'

A fear entered me, I started to shake. This was the same feeling I felt when I first met Shadow. When I first...

'Please stop.' I managed to let out, barely a whisper, 'I-I really don't know what you're talking about... you're scaring me, Shadow.' I felt tears prick in my eyes. I started to tremble terribly, but Shadow didn't move. 

Every fiber in my body screamed out for me to run, but my body just froze. I couldn't utter a word as Shadow stood there menacingly, his eyes locked onto mine.

'Give it to me.' He ordered, 'The dagger, now.'

He held out his hand to me, moving right in front of me. I looked down at his gloves, beckoning for the dagger. I couldn't give it up, not when I was so close.

But for some reason... I didn't...

I slowly got down, reaching into my boot and pulling out the dagger. It gleamed when the sunlight hit it. It was a curved dagger with a jade wedged in the middle of its hilt. I placed it in Shadow's hand. looking down at the ground while shaking.

'Why did you have this?' He asked.

My body tensed up, 'I-I made it. I made it myself.' I answered truthfully.

'How?' He asked.

'W-well... The...' My throat closed up, and I started choking on my words. A tear fell from my eye, trailing down to the edge of my muzzle. 

Shadow closed his hand around the dagger, then tucked it into his quills, 'Tell me.'

I looked up, into his eyes. Tears blurred my vision, I was scared. Scared of Shadow. And I couldn't move. Shadow sighed, then turned to walk away.

A relief entered my body, and I felt limp all of a sudden by the time he had taken two steps. I collapsed to the ground, sobbing. 

The ground is so cold... I think... I'd stay right here for a while. The only calm voice in my head said. My guilt of not being able to do my own job started to get to me. The guilt of being the only useless Mobian in the group. They had to give you powers to make you seem like you were worth something. They don't trust you. You can't even do one thing right without fucking it up. What made you think that you could take on such a job like this?  Killing Shadow The Hedgehog?  You know why you fear him, Y/N? I was practically asking myself this.

My mind flashed to darkness, and then I saw it.

Who I was... why I was so violent... why I feared him... but... also... 

Why I couldn't kill him.