𝒕𝒘𝒐. 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝖾𝗑𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗌

act one-ˋˏchapter twoˎˊ-

act one
-ˋˏchapter twoˎˊ-

DIVINATION IS a subject Lyra will enjoy

DIVINATION IS a subject Lyra will enjoy. She can tell just from the interior of the classroom. Pouffes litter the elevated floors with ruby red drapes hanging from the ceiling. It is like stepping into a fortune teller's tent who claims to see all. Hermione told her all about them. The crystal balls she thinks are quite cool.

Harper sits to her left on her pouffe, taking out her Divination book that Lyra already has out as the Gryffindors in their year fill the classroom. It seems this class is just her house. Usually they share it with Slytherin.

Their teacher, Professor Trelawney, is nowhere to be seen so students talk amongst themselves. Lyra gives into her intrusive thoughts and takes the crystal ball off it's stand, trying to see if she can spin it on the tip of her finger. Harper watches warily as her friend stupidly plays with the glass object. Lyra is the definition of book smart but not street smart.

The blonde jumps when Professor Trelawney appears from behind a drape at the front of the classroom and the crystal ball falls from her hands. It would've made an embarrassingly loud noise if Harper didn't use her chaser reflexes and catch it before it touched the carpet. They scramble to place the ball back and act casual.

"Welcome, my children! In this room you shall explore the mysterious art of Divination. In this room you shall discover if you possess The Sight." Her eerily voice says.

Lyra observes her new proffesor. Trelawney is tall and scrawny with dirty blonde bushy hair tied back with an orange scarf. Necklaces hang from her neck and she wears round framed glasses that make her eyes bug-like. She definitely looks the part of a divination teacher.

"I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. But know this. One either has the gift or not. It cannot be divined from the pages of a book. Books only cloud one's Inner Eye."

Harper scoffs silently and holds her Divination book in her hand. "What's this for then?" She asks her and Lyra snickers before looking back at Trelawney.