Forget Me Love

Prologue:

In the year 1938, everything about my life changed. For better or worse, I wish I could say, but it goes back and forth for me. Things were different then, so different than they are in this day and age. I'd like to say that I miss the year 1938, when I was nothing more than a small town girl working on her father's farm, but I don't remember any of it. The only things I remember is what Caius told me, which wasn't much, admittedly.

I was turned at the age of barely seventeen after being run down by a horse in the middle of a cobbled street near the baker's shop. He said that a vampire had smelled my blood, tempted by it as I was his 'singer' and took me to a hidden alley.

I was nearly dead when another vampire knocked my maker off of me, and they left me to die there. Caius mentioned my creators name once, and I stored it away in my mind, so that one day, I could find him and thank him. James, of a Nomadic clan

I suppose some people would want to kill the one who made them into a monster, but I couldn't have ever been happier. My memories had been forgotten, I didn't know what I was missing out on, but I lived the high life for years and years, and never once did I regret becoming a monster.

In the year 1968, my life became better than I ever could've hoped. I met the Volturi, and I fell in love with the great city of Volterra, making it my home.

It was like my own Happily Ever After.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One:

"Terra?" A soft, hesitant knock sounded at my solid oak door, and I groaned. Felix knew I didn't like to be interrupted, no matter what I was doing, so he had better hope that whatever the hell he wanted was important.

I jumped out of my window seat, where I had been looking at the beautiful city of Volterra for the last three hours, and marched towards the door before yanking it open.

My eyes looked straight ahead at Felix's wide, muscular chest before I craned my neck up to glare at him. "What do you want, Felix?"

"Marcus would like to speak to you." He spoke formally, with his hands behind his back and his legs spread at shoulder width. The stance of a soldier.

"Of course he does," I moaned, letting my shoulders fall to show how horrid I thought this would be. It's not that Marcus and I hated each other, in fact we loved each other very much.

It was the fact that we thought of each other as brother and sister, and therefore acted and fought as brother and sister. It was only with me that Marcus allowed himself to lose control and only with me that he could forget himself and stop being the 'perfect king'.

I walked down the halls of the castle that sat atop the hill overlooking my favorite city, my heels clicking on the marble flooring as I went.

"Terra!" Jane smiled as I came into view; she was guarding the throne room doors but immediately opened them for me.

"Jane." I acknowledged, smiling ever so slightly. But still, that small smile was more than any other person would get on the best of occasions.

'They're not in there, but Marcus wanted you to wait for him. He's eating at the moment."

I stepped inside, heading immediately to Aro's throne and plopping myself down onto it, a very unladylike thing to do, and if any of the kings had seen that, I'd have a nice long lecture, but nobody was watching, so I couldn't be bothered with being 'proper'.