TEN

Raimondo S. Valentini
Las Vegas, Nevada

 Valentini Las Vegas, Nevada

"RINN"

I yelled out into the house once I walked in removing my shoes at the door.

My heart warmed hearing Sensi my cane corsos feet pitter patter on the marble floors as he made his way to me wagging his tail.

"Guardati, stronzo grasso" I cooed at  him, rubbing his face and Belly once he flipped over on his back. (Look at you, fat fucker)

I couldn't help but laugh at the happy dog, I missed him all day.

"What is it" Irina stomped downstairs with her arms crossed

"Don't tell me you're still upset. I got you a new phone"

I spoke confused with my hands out

"You said yesterday we would watch a funny movie tonight and eat ice cream together, now it's 4am!"

"You said you would come home early Rai" a pout now on her lips and her eyes getting glossy

Shit.

I forgot all about that.

I let out a pained breath and wiped my hand down my face "Rin I'm so sorry, it was some trouble today I needed to take care of I—"

"It's always trouble, you ALWAYS say that" she cut me off

"—I wish Rome was here. At least he actually paid attention to me" she said angrily before running upstairs  before I could respond.

Rome my younger brother was named after Roman—The don before me. He formed a relationship with my mom a few years after he came into my life, I wasn't his but he always treated me as so.

My mom got pregnant with Rome and then Irina five years after that. Luka was Romans first son, He was the big brother I always wanted—he stayed with us until he was nineteen then he got a place of his own and worked under our father following his footsteps.

After that it had just been us three together — or just Rome and Irina at the house whenever I tagged along with Luka and Dad.

Irina was right, I couldn't deny that .

Rome always stayed here with Irina whenever she asked instead of coming with me to work once I was put in charge . They would go bowling and adventure the city, eat at a bunch of fast food places and stuff.