39.

"You better be awake."

Scarlet rolled over in her bed, covering her head with a pillow at the sound of a voice entering her room. Last night she barely got any sleep due to studying for today's final day of exams. For the last few days, she had either been studying her ass off for the O.W.L's or trying to help Enz with finding his horrid mother. To say she officially hated mornings and exams was an understatement of the fucking year.

"Come on, Scar," that voice said again, closer that time. "We got exams in an hour and then we're done."

"Fuck off," she grumbled, squeezing her eyes shut and hoping the darkness would drag her back to her peaceful slumber.

But of course, it didn't.

The once warm blanket was pulled off her body, exposing her to the cold of the morning. She sat up, throwing her pillow in the direction of the voice that was currently laughing, and Merlin above must hate her because it was Mattheo damn Riddle.

"Still not a morning person?" He lightly laughed, dropping the blanket at the end of the bed.

Scarlet flipped him off, throwing herself back onto the bed and turning her back to him. "Tell Umbitch I've caught the black plague or some shit. I'm not leaving my bed."

He laughed again, somehow making her more pissed. "We both know any excuse isn't going to work." She continued to ignore him, closing her eyes again. "What if I told you I got you a coffee?"

That sentence alone made her sit up with a small smile as she faced him. "Caramel latte?"

"Always," he hummed, picking up the mug from her bedside table and handing it to her with a small paper bag in the other hand. "And a cinnamon apple muffin."

"I hate that you remember that," she blurted, instantly scowling at herself as she took the warm mug from his hand and he put the paper bag down beside her. "I didn't mean it like that," she admitted, looking up into his soft brown eyes.

She was starting to remember why she fell in love with him again—before he ripped out her heart for the...third time. Bloody Merlin.

"I know you didn't," he softly sighed, turning away from her and walking over to the dresser as she took a sip of the warm latte, moaning in happiness at the taste. "You have a shower and I'll make sure everything is in your bag for the exams."

Scarlet stayed silent, watching as Mattheo carefully pulled out a clean uniform from the dresser, and placed it on her desk. She took another sip of her latte, continuing to watch him as he now looked through her textbooks and some part of her loved the way he was being soft and caring around her. But another part of her knew that this wouldn't last as long as she wished for it too.

"Don't eat my muffin," she told him, carefully getting off the bed with her mug still in hand. "I would like to enjoy it on the way to exams."

"Trust me, I remember the last time I ate your muffin," he huffed, still keeping his back to her as he walked over to the door, taking her bag off the hook. "I had a purple bruise on my arm for nearly a month."

She smiled at the memory, finishing the last of her latte before putting the empty mug down on the bedside table. She quickly rushed over to the desk, grabbing her uniform he got out for her before heading into the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

As she undressed, she couldn't help but pause at the sight of her devilish-styled hair and dried drool on the side of her mouth. Only today out of every other day would Mattheo come into her room, and she looked like that.

Fuck sake.

Throwing her sleeping clothes on the floor, she stepped into the shower and turned it on, soaking up the warmth as she washed her hair and body. Music started to play from the bedroom, and she rolled her eyes as she realized it was 'The Smiths', his favorite band.