You can Talk, Snoopy! (Epilogue)

I wake up on the top of my doghouse, as always. Today, I have a mission: Do something great. Although I don't have the confidence to meet the Red Baron face-to-face, I have the confidence to at least prepare for that red baron... Face-to-face.

Well, that was my original plan before Woodstock landed on my stomach.

Woodstock! I smiled eagerly at my feathered friend What are you doing here? Are you here to help me defeat the red baron?

Woodstock shook his head and started tweeting. I deciphered his language in my brain and found out what he was saying: "Are we gonna eat or what?"

My ears perked up. Eat? Suppertime! Well, not suppertime, but I might as well make myself some breakfast. But EAT!

I rushed inside the house of my owner and rummaged through the cabinets and fridge. Just then, that round-headed kid arrived wearing his yellow striped shirt.

He arrived just as I finished making my hearty breakfast.

I saw his smile for some reason, I didn't know why he smiled, but I happily ate from my supper bowl.

"Man's best friend." I heard him mumble. I couldn't respond, since I can't speak human...

But what matters now is SUPPER!

As I finished and watched as the Round-headed kid and Sally exited the house, I decided to go back outside to see something to do; again, I wanted to do something great .

So, my dear feathered friend, what shall we put our minds to today?

"So remember when our Beagle Scout troop went on that huge hill?"

Yes. . .

"And remember when Bill stumbled upon a big box that you can open?"

A book?

"Yes! Well, Bill let me keep it! Do you wanna read the book today?"

I look at my typewriter. Perhaps. . . Perhaps I can take some inspiration from this book of his and make a groundbreaking novel! I can see an acceptance slip in my little paws already!

Yes, dear friend! Get the book! Get the book!

Woodstock chirped happily as he fluttered away and flew back to my doghouse with a large book in his claws. I helped him with it since his tiny body can't handle such big objects

Well, Feathered Friend, let's read it!

Woodstock chirped happily once more as I opened the book. But it's contents surprised me. There was no "it was a dark and stormy night" or "it was the greatest love story ever told"...

It looked like instructions...

Dearest mortal...

I am assuming you have gotten hold of this book because you were sent here, and the world is probably in danger of ending as you all know it.

This book is copied and sent to multiple dimensions in case of such thing happening.

I pause and look at Woodstock. He looks pretty freaked out as well.

World is coming to an end?

"I don't know..."

In this book is the history and instructions to find the Five Thoughts. They hold supernatural powers of the universe. Without them, the world wouldn't exist.

They guard the Ancient Fire, which is a huge flaming fire- each wood piece holds one of their powers. As of today, when I'm writing this, the powers are Command, Love, Truth, Time, Energy, Thinking, Talking, Music, Luck, and Creation.

in order to get these powers, you must find something that resembles love, command, truth, time, energy, thinking, talking, music, luck and creation. I don't know, alas, what Command will require.

This is me writing in two days time... Command's item is insert scribbled out word

Next, go to the place where you found this book. Keep going up. No matter what. There'll be a staircase. Go up to the cloud castle. Go up and knock on the door thrice. Offer your gifts. Get the fire. Once you go back to your Earth, you'll-

I close the book and look at my feathered friend. We're thinking the same thing: this is our chance to finally have some excitement going on!

Forget the Red Baron, I'm hooked now! Let's find the items, Woodstock!

Woodstock chirped happily, and so we set off to get the requested items.

For Creation, we decided to get a drawing made by that round-headed kid.

For Truth, we got blood pressure from my doghouse. What, so you don't have a blood pressure device in your doghouse? Weirdo. What, you're gonna say you don't have a Van Gogh as well.

...

Oh?

For Energy, we simply cut the TV plug and pulled it out. I bet that Round-headed kid doesn't even watch the stupid box.

For Luck, we got a lucky rabbit's foot from Woodstock's nest... He knew he'd need it.

For thinking, we just got some homework since... well... think.

For Talking, I decided to recite my Beagle Scout law.

For time, we got a watch

For music, we got some sheet music from that blonde piano enthusiast's house

Then for love, it was just a small corner of the thumb sucking boy's blanket.

Still, we couldn't figure out what "command" was.

Well, they'll appreciate our effort, my Feathered Friend...

Woodstock nodded and so we set off to where our troops quietest member- Bill- had spotted the book. We ended up finding it and we walked up the big staircase until we found it: The big cloud castle.

I knocked on the door and this genie thing opened it. I smiled and proudly offered my gifts, then barking out the Beagle Scout Law.

"Impressive... But where's command?" The genie asked

I shrugged

"Sorry, sir. But alas, the payment you require is not with you."

I started scolding her in dog, but she still closed the door.

Then I got an idea.

Woodstock, what if we steal the fire?

I pointed to the window where the fire resided. Me and Woodstock both flinched as we saw a giant floating eye circling it.

Long story short, we escaped and ran down the staircase with the fire.

Once we got back, we noticed the fire starting to turn into smoke.

Woodstock? Why is it burning out?

Woodstock then started flying over into my doghouse and came out with a gas mask.

Woodstock don't be so dramatic... It's just... I started to feel woozy and drowsy, A little... Smo...

I woke up groaning and my throat ached for some reason. I look and see Woodstock on my stomach, tilting his head with concern.

He chirped some stuff. I somehow couldn't understand.

"What was that, Woodstock?" I asked, but then slapped my mouth shut. What the heck? I wasn't barking, I-I was talking! Talking like a human!

I raise my paws to my throat.

"Woodstock, you can hear it too, right?" I ask. Woodstock eagerly nods.

"I... I have a voice... This... This is amazing!"

But I still see the smoke around my doghouse. I turn around to see the school bus dropping off the Round-Headed kid and his friends.

I must warn them!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝓟𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓾𝓽𝓼 𝓔𝓶𝓹𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭- ꃳꄲꄲꀘ ꄲꋊꏂ 🎉