Chapter 1

I sighed looking at the picture in my hand. The lovely smile plastered on the woman's face was always a delight to see. Now the only thing recognizable about her was her voice. Her polite voice that lacked even the slightest chain of anger.

"Do you want me to open the blinds, Ma'am?" I  looked to my right were the office desk sat to find Grace, my assistant holding onto the small remote. Shaking my head I leaned back into the couch that was showing the view of the city all way from the fifth floor of the building.

I buried myself in the dark office with guilt that had always engulfed me. "Grace," I called as soon as she opened the door to leave. "Cancel my schedule for the day will you" I said without lifting my head up.

"Of course" I could feel worry in her voice as she answered and left.

Placing the frame beside me I coiled myself on the chair, hugging my knees. Pathetic right?

Who would have thought that a whole Lilliana Luchesse, the best attorney in the country will have something to worry about? A dark past she wanted to hide but couldn't.

Anger folded in the pits of my stomach, I wanted to avenge her for what that a*shole of a mother did to her and me but she refused. It irritated me to the core seeing their faces everywhere on the internet smiling like the loveliest family out there. Bunch of monsters!

I got up and made my way to my desk, pulling out my seat I plumped down on it before opening my laptop. I needed to get my mind of this madness before it ate me up. Eyeing the papers stacked on my desk, I smiled before picking one up.

"Ah, Ma'am..." Grace's voice of uncertainty sounded causing me to raise my head at her. Her head was stocked into the room as is she was scared of something.

"I don't want to be disturbed Grace. Come back later, please" I say, turning my attention back to my work.

"I would love to Ma'am but there's a tiny problem, you have an unusual visitor"

"Does he have an appointment?"

"No"

I pulled my reading glasses to the bridge of my nose giving her an irritated glare "Then send them on their way outside" Just then the door pushed open widely with a young kid standing beside her. He pouted with his big green eyes filled with tears that were threatening to spill. It looked like a lake with lotuses growing on its surface.

"Mom? You are real" He sniffed before running to my side, wrapping his hands around me. His eyes were full of delight like he had just seen a tooth fairy.

Surprised, I jerked myself away from him like a plaque I wanted nothing to do with. "What is this thing doing here?" I questioned, my eyes fixed on the green eyed kid. He frowned, I could tell he was seconds away from doing what most kids do, cry.

"Crying isn't allowed in my office, Mr!" I scolded still standing a few feet's away.

"Mr. Elvis" A voice of an old woman caused me to take my attention off him. She walked in with a slight frown on her face. "Mr. Elvis, don't be stubborn" she said pulling him to her side "I'm so sorry, kindly forgive us for intruding"

"Leave me alone, I want to go to mommy" the kid, Elvis, yanked the elderly lady's hand off him and began to approach me.

"Get the security Grace! Now!" I ordered loudly making him stop half way. I could see fear and hurt in his eyes but it was none of my business.

"They are on their way Ma'am"

"I am not your mother and will never be. Go find whoever lied to you and confront them"