Chapter 33

It was still night time, Kenji was tossing and turning in bed like he was having some kind of very awful dream, that is exactly what it was or maybe an insight into the past, in the dream it was night ,it was a village, at first everything was very peaceful, everyone was sleeping at peace, everything was calm, not a noise was made, not a one, not at all, that was until...

An evil cackle filled the air and suddenly everyone was awake, everyone in the village had been taught that when the cackling laugh was heard it was a terrible thing, said cackling laugh could be one thing and one thing only, it is the laugh of what we all know as witches, yes witches were real and they carried curses, ones so very bad, one such curse...

Werewolfism, every hundred years a small group of witches would fly around on magic broomsticks and look for a village to terrorize, to select a few children on who to inflict this ancient curse, the children in the old  villages would be taught from a young age to have a lot of discipline, that of both the spirit and body so that those children cursed could have control.

Control over the curse so that they wouldn't succumb to the urge to transform into a ravenous beast, the moon could only have so much influence on an accursed person, it wouldn't always have a person cursed turn into a Werewolf, those of enough discipline could resist it's call, resist the call from the moon to transform into a ravenous beast with the control. A ravenous beast that will eat anyone or anything living that is in their way, not a trace of even a shred of mercy or humanity could be found in these monsters of old, nothing at all, they would devour all that stands before them, leaving only mangled corpses lining the street of the village where they transformed, a reminder of the savage nature of these ravenous beasts. Like was said before, people with enough discipline could resist this call.

That did not mean that people in the old villages weren't afraid, no, they were still very afraid, after all sleepy children found it that much harder to resist turning into wretched beasts because of their tired states of mind and of body, that is why witches chose the later hours of night to ascend upon the old villages, so that those who are cursed resist it all less easily.

...

Meanwhile in the waking world someone has gone outside the hostel,
it is Tsukiko, she is staring up at the moon, it is a clear night so she can see the moon clearly, and the stars too, she wonders how such a beautiful thing like a full moon could turn people into savage beasts like that? She lets her ears and tail out and howls at the moon, it is an outcry.

An outcry of sorrow, how could a celestial being of such pure beauty bring out a terrible side of someone like that? It doesn't make sense to her, her sorrow as deep as anyone else's, even deeper, she has the power of a wolf too, hers is good though, she helped take down a very evil person, she helped defeat Rizen, as evil as they come yet an evil curse comes along.

An evil curse that brings with it nothing but the death of those who are unfortunate enough to come across the bearer or bearers of such a curse, no one deserved the fate of being slaughtered by such a beast, so Tsukiko would just throw herself into her training to get ready to face those Werewolves, she jumps as she turns around and spots Gina there.

Tsukiko is embarrassed "Ah Gina-San, I didn't see you standing there, excuse me for making so much noise with my howling.

She was startled if she was being honest, suddenly seeing someone behind you could do that to a person.

"No problem Tsukiko-San, I got here before you started howling, it is totally a very beautiful sound though my friend."

Gina replied like it was nothing, she had followed Tsukiko outside because she was worried about her.

"Oh I see then, what are you doing up so late too? Couldn't sleep either huh? The moon's beautiful tonight though, is it not?

Tsukiko says in quick succession, she is rambling now, the shock of being startled still lingering with her.

"I followed you because I was worried about you. And no I couldn't sleep, it is beautiful though ,what is on your mind Tsukiko-San?"

Gina answers, she is calm and collected while answering, not with her usual energy, just very calm.

"Well,I am sorry I worried you then, it is just, how can a moon cause such catastrophe, such disaster?

Tsukiko replied, now that she has company she might as well get a second opinion, just to be really sure about it all.

"I don't know, it baffles me too, I am sure Kenji will find an answer, come on let's go to sleep.

Gina answers in the best way she can but she knows they need a good night of rest for the training starting the next day.

...

The next morning was a saturday, they were all up nice and early so they could talk before the training begins.

Kenji starts the conversation off by telling them "I had a dream last night, it may be a look into the past which would explain the Werewolves' origins".

Tsukiko eager to learn anything about werewolves then asked "Well then, what is it that you found out in this dream of yours? And are you sure that it could be trusted?"

Kenji explains to Tsukiko and the other girls "Witches, every hundred years at night witches would appear in old villages and curse the children".

Tsukiko then surmises "That is terrible, so a bunch of witches come at night and curse children to become Werewolves then?

Kenji confirms by saying "Yes and it is late at night when children are too tired to resist the call of the moon to transform".

Everyone including Tsukiko looks at Kenji, horrified at the new information, but now they need to start with their training, they all go to the weight room in the back of the hostel to go and do their training ,they were already in their workout clothes, Tora and Shishana both took up a bar with a few hundred kilograms on each side, everyone else just hundred since in their human forms the others were a little behind.

...

Everyone except Tora and Shishana were dog tired after a few hours of lifting different kinds of weights, Tora and Shishana were each busy at a pull machine working out harder still.

...

End chapter