6 | double take

STARLIGHT
𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝗈𝗇𝖾 / 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝗇𝖾

❛ 𝗍𝗂𝖼𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗌𝗁𝖻𝖺𝗀𝗌 ❜

"How was that?" During his piano lesson, Nelson asked Ally, referring to the part he played on the instrument. Whilst trying to hide her wince, the Dawson girl chuckled nervously. "Well, you got all the notes, just not in the right order or in the right key." She told him.

"Thanks!" Nelson raised his hand up to give her a high-five before Austin and Dez came barging in through the back door. "Ally, Nelson, quick. We need you off the piano." Austin ushered them off the piano bench before grabbing a bat.

"Put your hands in the air and back away from the baby grand." Dez instructed before setting a watermelon on the piano.

Adelaide, who just returned from her place in the corner of the store, walked towards the group in question. "What are you guys—" However, Austin interrupted her before she could finish by hitting the bar of the piano with the bat, causing the fruit to splatter everywhere, including, onto Nelson and the twins. "ugh, doing?"

The boys, however, cheered after what they have managed to accomplish before giving each other a high-five. "Awesome! That was way better than smashing peanuts on my laptop." Austin opened his laptop to show how the peanut butter had covered it from screen to keyboard.

Adelaide chuckled sarcastically. "Funny."

"Alright Nelson, uh, lesson's over." Ally informed the boy. "You can go wash up."

"I'm Melon Man!" Nelson then made his way out of the store through the back door, just as Trish entered through the front entrance, dressed in a new work uniform and a megaphone in her hand when she announced. "Guess who got a job at... Megaphone world?"

"Who?" Dez asked, making Adelaide raise a brow while she and Ally finished off wiping the fruit off of them with a cloth.

Deciding to ignore him, Trish approached before continuing her announcement. "And, more importantly, guess who got an exciting piece of mail for... Mr. Austin Moon?"

At that, Austin rushed over to grab the mail while the others followed behind him, and as he began to unfold the paper, Ally asked eagerly. "What's it say? What's it say?"

With a smile, Austin began to read out loud from his mail. "I've been selected to take part in a study on..." The smile fell off his face as he looked more confused when he read the last bit. "male pattern baldness?"