HEARTBREAKS AND REGRETS

The cool and dry harmattan breeze blew through Mary's window as she sighed and said not again with tears in her eyes " Not Again Lord, why does this keep happening to me" she said as she wiped tears from her face , Three nights prior, Zion had t...

  The cool and dry harmattan breeze blew through Mary's window as she sighed and said not again with tears in her eyes " Not Again Lord, why does this keep happening to me" she said as she wiped tears from her face , Three nights prior, Zion had told her she was the prettiest girl and he really liked her while they cuddled and watched movies together in his sitting room and now they were no longer in communication , so what changed ,She wondered what had happened in the previous three days for Zion to stop talking to her, despite her telling him she missed and truly wanted to talk to him, Then she had some sad flashbacks and began crying and questioning God once more.

 At 23 Mary was already a successful Entrepreneur  and was a graduate of Uniport were she majored in marketing , she was smart, bubbly but also very shy, she lived with her parents in GRA port Harcourt and lived a conservative life all through university until she Met Mike in her final year.

 Mary! Mary!! , Mrs. Okoli called from downstairs, interrupting Mary's thoughts in the well- furnished bungalow that belonged to the Okolis. Mrs. Okoli worked for Shell, an oil company in Port Harcourt, while Mr. Okoli was a successful businessman in the East and was hardly ever around in the house. Yes Mummyyy ,I'm coming Mary responded as she ran down the stairs. Take it easy, her mum remarked, hearing Mary's feet scrambling down the stairs. Ehen my friend in the office said her daughter lost weight in a month by drinking ginger mixed with lemongrass and cayenne pepper everyday , she said as she turned to face her daughter , Ohhhh mummy I told you all those things do not actually work , I will find a way myself remember I lost so much weight 2 years ago by myself so allow me pleaseee , Mary responded while lightly scratching her hair.

 You know I love you my daughter , her mum retorted as she held Mary's chin in her palm affectionately , you're so beautiful and smart and I want the best for you , your face is already perfect I want your body to be too, Waittt are those tears in your eyes, what happened Nne , her mum continued, with worry in her voice, Zion and I are over Mary responded curtly and proceeded to look down, Praise the Lord! , her mum retorted causing a shocked Mary to start sobbing again , Remember I told you if it is not of God it will not work, Don't worry the man God has ordained for you will meet you soon she said as she used her thumbs to dry the tears on Mary's cheeks,  but Mary looked away as she said it because what her Mum did not know was that she warmed his bed yet again.