-Chapter 10- (Sort-Of Life Story)

'When I first met Mangey, I was near the Paradox Prism. I have no idea if I have ties with it or something, but that's the first memory I have. Mangey and I would hunt for food together and help each other stay alive. Soon enough, Scourge found us. He tried to recruit me for something, but Mangey attacked him, which led him to severely hurting Mangey. I ran away, and I've lived alone practically my whole life.' I explained to Shadow, 'So, naturally, I'm not on good terms with Scourge because I consider Mangey like family.'

Shadow and I were walking through Green Hill, his eyes were on the ground the whole time I spoke. 

'Interesting. So, you may have relations with the Paradox Prism.'

'Probably why I have my powers.' I suggested, even though I knew it was a lie, 'Infinite attacked me the first night I met you, so I ran to hide in the cave. When I saw you I honestly thought you were him, so I kept running.' I scratched the back of my head, laughing a little.

'I look nothing like him.' He hissed.

'It was dark!' I protested, 'I saw red and black, so it was a fight or flight response. Some of us aren't as strong as the Ultimate Life Form.' I pointed out.

Shadow gave me a light smile, 'You have my respect, you do not back down easily. However, taking on Scourge like that could've had major consequences.'

'Aw.' I chuckled, 'Worried for lil' old me?' 

Shadow rolled his eyes.

'Addddmit it. You think I'm cool.'

'Hardly.' Shadow sped off.

I huffed, I'm getting so close to him. How do I end up being able to take him out? Argh, WHY IS THIS MOTHE-

'Hey Y/N!' A voice said behind me, I jumped.

I whipped around and punched the voice.

Sonic ducked under the punch, 'Woah- you're faster than before. Still not as fast as me- but- He chuckled, 'How's it going?'

'Good. I think I got my powers figured out.'

'Saw ya talking to Shadow.' He smiled.

'He's hard to get close to. I wonder why he's so distant.' I looked over my shoulder to where Shadow was before he left. 

'Eh, he's more distant to the people he's closer to.' Sonic shrugged, 'I wouldn't worry too much about it, you got us, and we'll always be there to help you up!' He gave me a thumbs-up.

I smiled, 'Thanks Sonic. Hey- could I possibly try my powers on you?' 

Sonic slightly stepped back, his eyes going wide for a split second before he regained his composure, 'Sure!' He grinned.

I closed my hands into fists, raising them up at Sonic, 'Just- don't move. I need to see how this works.' I focused on a feeling. I tried something simple, surprised. Nothing to it. I focused on that feeling.

I opened my eyes, looking at Sonic. My hands were open, and his eyes were wide in suspense, 'Uh- so it worked?' He shrugged.

'Did you feel surprised?' I asked, letting my hands fall to my sides.

He nodded, 'Only for like- a second. The rest felt like they were my feelings. That felt weird, I'll be honest.' He brushed off his arm.

I walked to him, 'What was it like? Did it hurt-?' 

'No, it was like- uh... how do I put this into words...?' He tapped his foot impatiently, 'Like someone was reading what I was thinking, and shifting what I was thinking in different ways so I would have a different reaction.'

'That's just called anxiety.' I mumbled, 'Well, I've been trying to get it to work for more than a second or two. It seems that if I lose focus of it, the power I have over who I'm controlling stops.' I looked at my hands, 'However, the way I've heard you say it, you're aware I was switching up your emotions, and after a moment you were accustomed to the shift.'

'I'm gonna pretend I knew what you just said.' Sonic chuckled, 'Alright, I gotta run! Bye Y/N!' He gave me a little pat on the head before speeding off.

If I can keep this up, I think I have an idea..