❀ Nenjae Nenjae Nee Engae Naanum Angae ❀

#AustraliaDiaries - Chapter 1

When the third announcement was made, Roja was on the verge of tears. She knew that this was the final call, post which the boarding gates would close. Arjun was still nowhere to be seen. Having no other choice, she walked towards the boarding gate and checked in with her boarding pass. Arjun had taken his boarding pass in his jacket pocket.

Worried sick, Roja sat down in the window seat, waiting for the empty aisle seat next to her to be filled. The aircraft was nearly full and the gates were about to be shut....

"Gates closing..." boomed the announcement

Roja shut her eyes tightly. Tears of fear and concern rolled down her cheeks.

Just then she felt a soft hand on her shoulder. She turned and was speechless to see Arjun standing there, wearing a broad smile on his face.
Unmindful of the surroundings, she quickly leapt onto him and wrapped him in a tight hug. Within few seconds, Arjun could feel wetness in this tee and he knew that she was shedding tears. All her worst fears which she had felt in the last few mins were manifesting themselves in the form of her tears.

"Roja...Shhh...shhh...azhatha da...Enna paaru..."

Arjun tried to console her by lightly tapping on her chin. She buried herself deeper into his chest. It took a lot of coaxing and cajoling and three warnings from the cabin crew to make Roja settle back in her seat.

As soon as the flight was into the clouds,
Roja turned towards Arjun and started punching him angrily

"Dei! Kooruketta manusha!
Washroom poitu varen nu sollitu enga da pona...?!"

Arjun was stunned
"Dei...Da... va?! Enna mariyathai ellam kaathula parakuthu?!" 😳

Roja : Ippdi thaniya thavikka vittutu pona appdithan pesuven! Uyire poirchu theriyuma, take off aaga porthu nu cabin crew announce panna odane...!" 🥺

Arjun was overwhelmed by her words.
Roja turned her face away from him angrily. That's when Arjun slowly brought his other hand to the front, which he was keeping behind his back all this time.

It had a box. Arjun gently placed his one finger on Roja's chin and turned her face towards him.

Roja : 😏

Arjun : This is for you (gently placing the box on her palm)

Roja : Ithu ennathu?

Arjun : Open panni paaru 😍

She opened it half heartedly, still angry on her hubby, but her lips curved into a beautiful smile as soon as she opened the box and saw its contents.