XV

Well, hello again. Sorry for the delay!

~~~

"Damn! She actually put a lot of effort into this, huh?" Chaeyoung says as she crosses her legs over the armrest of her couch, in her arms, she has a bucket full of popcorn as she pops a few of them in her mouth at once. Her cheeks are puffy, and her eyes are sparkling with joy. "I wasn't sure she'd actually do all this stuff! Really!"

"I think she really wants to be my friend." Lisa shrugs, trying to look as unbothered as she can. But at the inside, her organs are absolutely bursting with happiness, she really was too happy that couldn't even stop at her own apartment for a second and asked Jennie to drop her off at Chaeyoung's. Just because she couldn't keep it to herself any longer and needed an ear to talk to.

"Friends my ass, Lalisa!" Chaeyoung huffs, quite annoyed that Lisa can't just admit it. "She wants to fuck you!"

"No, she doesn't!" Lisa blushes and looks away.

"Of course she does." Chaeyoung insists. "You're my best friend, Lisayah. And if I make you upset just because I've ignored you for a few days, I'd never start planning for a week prior just because I want you to forgive me." She shakes her head. "No offence, Lizzie, I'd probably take you out for a few dinners, buy you chocolates and won't tell your brother, and this kinda stuff. But the girl literally gave everything she had just to make you call her Nini again, are you dumb?!!!"

Lisa takes a walk to the kitchen just to avoid Chaeyoung's heavy stare. She's lying if she says that it hasn't been bugging her mind ever since she's come back to Korea, but it'd be too optimistic of her to assume that she's just the only one special for Jennie, the CEO had been quite a player since a very young age, of course she knows how to lure someone into anything she wants. It can simply be a very planned play.

And one wrong assumption would be the end for Lisa. She doesn't want to lose Jennie, even if that means to just be her friend and nothing more.

Chaeyoung follows her and leans over the counter, a fistful of popcorn replacing the bucket she had in her hand earlier.

"Why don't you just listen to me?"

Lisa swallows.

"Because I want to be close to her, okay?" She snaps. "I like her... well, that's obvious. And if that means that I should just be her friend to be around her, I would, because that means more to me than just be able to kiss her or anything."

"What if she likes you too?"

"What if she doesn't?!"

And Chaeyoung just keeps silence then, because Lisa is right; what if she doesn't? That'd ruin many things, right? They say they can keep being friends, and they try, really. But that never works when one of the two has confessed and the other cannot reciprocate the feeling, does it?

Lisa doesn't want that to happen, and Chaeyoung can clearly see the fear.

"Just if people could actually talk about their feelings..."

Lisa hears what Chaeyoung sighs completely clear, but she just chooses not to say anything, instead she opens the fridge and looks for the healthiest dessert that she can find in her best friend's storage. The girl really has a sweet tooth for unhealthy sweets.

"We really missed you at the event." Chaeyoung says, opening a new topic as she eyes Lisa getting herself a vegan piece of cake. She'd definitely devour the half of it, Lisa knows.

"Yeah? Why on earth were you at that event anyways?" Lisa asks, her knowing smirk already giving Chaeyoung the hidden words of I know what you are.