THREE

( warnings: blood, religious imagery, violence, yandere behavior, sin, purity, discrimination, drugs and alcohol, addiction, unhealthy coping mechanisms.

In general, warnings will be included at the start of every chapter if necessary. Please tell me if I leave anything out. The content inside might be sensitive to some so viewer discretion is advised.

Regarding the religious aspect, it is heavily based on Christianity, but it's written to be more of a cult than an actual religion. Only certain aspects are similar to Christianity, but the majority of it is made up and written to be slightly more diabolical.

Priests are called "Father [Name]", so the love interest [Anton] will be called as such, but he is only twenty six. Y/n L/n is twenty four. )

CHAPTER THREE.

Service was held in a huge room that came with an altar and long rows of chairs. The room had stained glass that must have been expensive—and streams of light poured in from the windows. Strangely, the room was still cold; and Y/n suspected it had to do with some magic of sorts.

Second thing: it was absolutely crowded. It was so filled to the brim one would think it was a ticket to a pop star, but in fact...this was just service.

"What is he doing here...?"

"Apparently he's reforming," another muttered under their breath, "but he's so ignorant. He refused to accept God's word—can you believe he rebelled against him? Not to mention when he was being detained, he fought off all the guards! What can Father Anton possibly think?"

And are you sure gossiping isn't considered a sin? Y/n rolled his eyes. He supposed this was part of the quest—the whole stoning to death by loyal believers didn't sound too delightful, if he had to be honest. But this quest would determine if he would be able to level up in game; and get to spin the wheel of horrors of whatever it was. If he simply attended service without any obstacle, it would be too easy, wouldn't it? Perhaps this was the NPC's task: to defame Y/n L/n.

"Mindless chattering in such a holy place..." Anton's eyes grew dark, and a shadow cast over his face, "I suppose they're rather ignorant, aren't they? It's a place for worship, not gossip."

"Right." Y/n said automatically. He came to realize Anton was the only character who didn't repeat sentences. Helen did, though Y/n had to admit it was a tad bit forced sometimes. And those children—Y/n shuddered.

"Everyone. We have a new believer amongst us—shouldn't we make him feel more welcome, instead of being hostile?"

Y/n had grown used to fake smiles on people's faces, which probably spoke of his poor taste in friends. But this—this was immaculate, like he had practically studied human anatomy and had conducted every degree and angle of a perfect smile to memory.

No wonder Anton was such a...strange character.

"Oh—oh," The people ceased chattering, blushing, "forgive us, Father Anton. We did not see you there. We apologize—"

"Apologize to God, not me. You are in his presence." Anton said briskly, beckoning for Y/n to come, "you are to sit at the front."

The front? Great. So he couldn't even doze off!

"Why is Father Anton talking to the newbie?"

"I've no idea...is he that special?"

"He's taking a partial liking to him, I bet," Another chimed in glumly, "but that's sodomy. And Father Anton is a priest. He would never."