TWO

( warnings: blood, religious imagery, violence, yandere behavior, sin, purity, discrimination, drugs and alcohol, addiction, unhealthy coping mechanisms.

In general, warnings will be included at the start of every chapter if necessary. Please tell me if I leave anything out. The content inside might be sensitive to some so viewer discretion is advised.

Regarding the religious aspect, it is heavily based on Christianity, but it's written to be more of a cult than an actual religion. Only certain aspects are similar to Christianity, but the majority of it is made up and written to be slightly more diabolical.

Priests are called "Father [Name]", so the love interest [Anton] will be called as such, but he is only twenty six. Y/n L/n is twenty four. )

CHAPTER TWO

"This is the Church?" Y/n looked around, his eyes widening. A beautiful, golden structure—held by four intricately designed pillars. It looked even more beautiful than the palace itself, which meant that most of the Imperial budget had been spent on the Redemption Church itself. This probably explained the reason why the church constantly clashed with the palace. Yet the people of the church were the ones blessed with the "holy" abilities, so what exactly could the Emperor do?

Nothing.

"Why, yes." Helen clapped her hands, "beautiful, isn't it? I thank God for giving us such a splendid place of worship everyday. It's wonderful..." She looked spellbound by it, her eyes entering some sort of daze.

It reminded Y/n more of a cult than an actual religion. All of them seemed too obsessed.

[ Congratulations! You have reached the place of worship!

+50 XP points. ]

His quest was to find Father Anton. Or Anton. Anton felt better suited to his tongue—father just made it more stiff and rigid. He would have been perfectly fine with addressing a proper priest with that title to show respect, but somehow Y/n didn't exactly view this whole...church as a legitimate one. First of all, it was made up from a horror game, and second, it seemed home to extreme cultists.

Like Helen. She would drool at the mention of cleansing one's soul. Basically, killing them. Wasn't everyone here just murder fanatics? It appalled Y/n that such behavior had swiftly become normalized.

"Ah, yes. Wonderful indeed..." Y/n trailed off. "They're giving us bread and drinks. For free?"

"For free. God provides all meals." Helen confirmed.

Ah. No wonder the palace hates the church.

"I see." Y/n stepped forward, "then, where are we headed now, Sister Helen?"

"Oh, to the confession room. Wouldn't you want to get all your confessions and sins off your back first? Then you can see Father Anton with a lighter heart," Helen suggested, "it's to the left. Now, don't get lost, or you'll be late. And I've already warned you, haven't I?"

Tardiness is also a crime. Right. Y/n swallowed, and nodded his head. To the left...such a simple direction? This all looked like some maze. What would happen if he was late? Would he lose favorability points? Would there be a penalty? Would his redemption points increase? In the end, Anton was the sole goal he had in mind. When he cleared all the levels, Y/n would be able to return home.

"Then I'll leave you here. Confessions must be in private!" Helen laughed, "I have plenty to do. There's the prayers to write, the people to hear...I must make haste! I'll see you later, Y/n. Do keep up the good work." She turned, walking away.