ONE

( warnings: blood, religious imagery, violence, yandere behavior, sin, purity, discrimination, drugs and alcohol, addiction, unhealthy coping mechanisms.

In general, warnings will be included at the start of every chapter if necessary. Please tell me if I leave anything out. The content inside might be sensitive to some so viewer discretion is advised.

Regarding the religious aspect, it is heavily based on Christianity, but it's written to be more of a cult than an actual religion. Only certain aspects are similar to Christianity, but the majority of it is made up and written to be slightly more diabolical.

Priests are called "Father [Name]", so the love interest [Anton] will be called as such, but he is only twenty six. Y/n L/n is twenty four. )

CHAPTER ONE.

The day started off well.

In a whole new world, that is.

It took a few moments for Y/n L/n to truly process what had just happened. From the coarse sheets beneath his skin that differed greatly from the silken bedspread he had grown so accustomed to, to the fact that even the air smelt different somehow; fresh, but had a tinge of something horrid in the air; blood, maybe—and also to the fact Y/n woke up to maids rushing around him. But not in the "you are the young master" way, but in a "you are a criminal" kind of way?

It was obvious that something was terribly, terribly wrong.

"Y/n," A soft, sweet voice piped up, and Y/n squinted at the source of voice—clearly, she was not a maid, from her dignified attire to the expensive jewelry she donned—"are you feeling unwell, perhaps? Should I call the doctors? You look a little..pale."

Okay, there was something evidently wrong with this. Never had someone's voice reek so much of sincerity when talking to him. So much worry.

It was a little pathetic, Y/n thought mildly, for him to discern so. But it was an indisputable fact; that really, no one had shown that much care to him before.

And second...

Who is she?

Y/n didn't reply, and that only made the woman frown, her smooth skin creasing as her brows furrowed.

"Well, it is difficult circumstances, I suppose." She managed a tight smile, "not everyone wants to be sacrificed. But think of it as a way to cleanse your soul, to keep your body pure. It is the least you can do, after your sins."

"...Ah." Y/n produced a choked sound that sounded like a dying dolphin—"sins?"

Sacrifice?

"I'm sorry, but," Y/n shook his head politely, "I'm afraid I don't quite know what you mean...?"

"Don't be silly," The woman blinked, "Your sins. Don't tell me you forgot. Forgetting is a sin itself, you do know, right? Oh, this is terrible! You must confess to the redemption church. You must!"

That name sounded oddly familiar. Redemption, redemption...

Was this some befuddled dream he was having? It wasn't funny.

"Father Anton won't be pleased."

And that's when it clicked in Y/n's brain: the sweet, kind, and benevolent priest called Anton...that was a character he met in the horror game he played yesterday?

It can't be...

Y/n blacked out.

||