Chapter 24

The last time on The High School Life Of An Anthropomorphic

(Meanwhile somewhere else)

?? : "Never did I think the prospect of winning would be something I would crave so badly that I could basically taste it, but that's exactly how it is now with this revenge that I've been planning for so long so I'll make sure you regret it Akio Shedji ahahahahahahaha!"

(Back to Kenji and the crew)

The talking becomes less and the sparring gets intense,Tora and Shishana are blocking each other's shots with the opposite limb,Hyōna and Yukino dodge one another's blows with great agility,Chitayna tries to use her speed to her advantage but Gina reads her like a book,Akane and Tsukiko are even,kireitsune and Jackie keep surprising each other.

(With Kenji's parents)

Akio says to his wife "I just felt a shiver run up and down my spine dear".

Asuka replies "My dear husband, it's probably those old clan leaders plotting their revenge, you know, something that we have seen coming since the day that you ousted them".

Akio then says in a way that reassures both himself and his wife "Oh well Kenji and the girls will pick him apart, he doesn't stand a chance, I know he's going to attack, I knew it when I sent them on this survival trip, I just know they are ready no matter what Rizen throws at them when he attacks, they are a united front after all and I'm sure they'll quell his revenge".

(Kenji and crew)

Kenji still stands flashing that genuine smile at Kireitsune which makes her heart flutter, while everyone may think that a guy she likes a lot would not have that kind of an affect on her the opposite of that belief is true because he makes her weak in the knees just by being near her and that is a little unknown secret.

Kenji thinks to himself then 'She has that smile that makes my heart skip a beat, she was the first girl I liked of them.'

Kireitsune thinks to herself 'Oh Kenji-Dono, if you only knew what you do to me you would be shocked'.

After some agonisingly
long seconds of smiling at each other they went back to their activities...

The previous day was busy with hunting, eating and training, but in the day ahead loomed a great big ton of trouble for our young Anthropomorphic teenagers, everyone wakes up, then baths in a river in their animal forms and then they eat from the lot of food they had left, when they were done they had to dodge a big boulder that was flung their way.

Kenji then asks loudly "Who is there?!"

Kenji yells out his question as the dust that was thrown up in the air didn't affect Kenji or the girls at all, a deep evil chuckle is heard and as the dust clears they are surrounded by Hyenas of an unusual coloration in that they are black with glowing red eyes and they radiate pure malice. They can see that they're evil considering the oppressive aura surrounding them.

The leader speaks up "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Blackheart of the genetically modified Hyena tribe".

Jackie then concludes "You must've been sent by that old man Rizen weren't you? Only that fiend would do this".

Blackheart replies affirmatively "Indeed he sent us and there's an army on the way, by the way, how did you know?"

Kireitsune then says disgusted "Oh please, who wouldn't know about that scum?! His reputation precedes him".

Kenji flinches as she practically spits her sentence out in disgust in this, while he has known the girls he hasn't heard Kireitsune utter words with such venom, he looks over to her and recoiles when he sees the death glare she was aiming at Blackheart, he turns back to the Hyena and fixes him with his own death glare.

Kenji then mentions "My father told me about him but that won't matter once we put a stop to all of his plans. No matter what we will put a stop to those major plans that he has".

Blackheart rebuts "That's big talk for a bunch of kids, do you really think you can stop my boss Rizen?"

Tora gives a rebuttal "We will not back down from you or your army so just drop the bravado, I am sure Rizen is on his way here, when we beat him... well let's just say his army will have nobody left to follow and they will disband as quickly as they formed in the first place".

Shishana then confidently states "In fact, I would even wager that we are stronger than anyone that you can send into battle against us so we will most definitely beat all of you".

Tsukiko then adds on "And we are not a bunch of kids, we are teenagers, we are not to be underestimated, not in the least bit, not in any way or form, not by you or your boss".

Yukino then states "The eleven of us have a strong friendship that will survive anything, even war too".

Gina says in a self assured way "We are a pack, a pride and everything in between and we are unbreakable and unshakable, you can never stand up to our kind of power,never ever."

Akane then adds "That is right, together we are something that you can never hope to beat".

Hyōna says "We'll run circles around your little army and that's a fact, if we don't defeat your boss first that is".

Chitayna then says "All in all, what they're saying is you can bring it cause you're running a fool's arrend".

Kenji then says "Well it seems we have ourselves a standoff, let's see if you can measure up to us".

Without a word further everyone disappeares from their spots and appear spread out, each teenager in their animal form matched against one of the Hyenas and soon chaos ensues as they attempt to bite each other and claw at each other as the combatants go head to head in truly brutal combat, to any normal people it would look like they disappeared.

Everyone is all over the place as dust kicks up once again, each and every one of them fights with a verocity that normal humans may never be able to witness in their lifetimes, they are neck in neck calculating each other's moves with trained accuracy, the agility shown is amazing, normal humans could never achieve such a feat of speed with their bodies.

The teenagers prove to be as strong against the Hyenas as they had earlier claimed to be, as the battle goes on the energy in each of them rises higher and higher as they fight to win this battle where each of their lives is at stake, the killing intent in the evil hyenas is palpable, this is a battle of life and death between good and evil, a tooth and nail fight for survival.

(In the meantime)

The evil Rizen sits in a lab deep in the forest radiating evil like the world has never felt before and as expected there are no regular animals around as they had all left due to the gravity like pressure pressing down on them like a bar of weights would weigh down on a bodybuilder who is just starting out. The pressure is severe and possibly astounding to feel.

(On the battlefield)

The climactic battle is heating up and the tension in the air is so thick that you could cut it with a butcher knife, each side is feeling the amount of power that the other had

Kenji speaks to the girls telepathically "these guys are pretty strong for bad guys, let's turn it up a notch".