18 - Hoт αɴd Wαrм

"So you mean the children were originally from your host body, but their life came from cursed energy? Hence why they adapted yours and Gojo's techniques?," Kotone summarized, glancing at me every now and then to make sure she was saying the right...

"So you mean the children were originally from your host body, but their life came from cursed energy? Hence why they adapted yours and Gojo's techniques?," Kotone summarized, glancing at me every now and then to make sure she was saying the right things. "Correct?"

I nodded, watching as the second years made themselves comfortable in Satoru's living room. Fortunately, the space was big enough to accommodate all of us, and it wasn't even cramped. I wondered why Satoru got such a huge house to himself.

The dull monotoned walls seemed more lively now, filled with the air of youthful laughter and reminiscent conversations. It was hard to get back on track with my colleagues not knowing how to adress me exactly, but we were slowly warming up to each other again.

"So the blue-eyed one has cursed speech and the purple-eyed has infinity?," Utahime gaped. "That's just overpowered."

"See, Utahime? It's because my wife, here, is so strong," Satoru boasted to the point he'd grow his nose long from hanging them up in the air. "We're the perfect match, tell me about it."

Utahime's face couldn't possibly be described. To say she was disgusted was an understatement. She looked at me, at Satoru, then back at me. "(F/n), you sure about this guy? You can do better than this blockhead."

The welcome was more lighthearted than I expected. The students had their own world, playing with the twins and interviewing them.

Itadori and Kugisaki were arguing with Seijiro about the third best reptile in the world while Toge and Shion were having a cursed speech to cursed speech conversation.

Maki sat quietly on one corner. Our eyes would meet a couple of times, but she would look away first and act busy with her phone. Miura Megumi just had an expectant expression as she sipped on the boba tea she bought outside.

"Ichiha- Inu-..." I turned to Fushiguro who seemed to be debating with himself over how to address me.

"Any is fine," I assured him with a smile.

Fushiguro silently sat beside me, maintaining some distance. "Onee-san."

I chewed on my lower lip, keeping my eyes on the ground. I did not expect that. Fushiguro had grown up so well, though my chest ached knowing he and Satoru were not as close as they used to be anymore. The same thing that happened to Toge after I was executed. "Megumi-kun."

Fushiguro remained seated without uttering a word. He just looked down on his palms and bobbed his head. He opened his mouth, closed them again, did the same things until he eventually gave up. The child had never been good with expressing his feelings with words. "Thank you for coming back to Gojo sensei."

Among everything he could have said, he chose to bring up Satoru?

Maki stood up from her seat and awkwardly dragged herself to our direction. It was the first time I had seen her look so unsure. She squeezed into the space beside me stiffly while keeping her eyes on her hands.